Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Questioning whether I made the right decision, or not.

tallWatermelon5287 January 9th, 2020

Hi.

I recently walked away from my girlfriend, and am still questioning whether or not it was the right thing to do.

We had been dating for about 3 months by then. We both felt butterflies, cute, etc. Just around Thanksgiving everything started turning south. She had given me an apartment key, without me asking her. I had transitioned from a night shift job to a first shift job, in order to be able to spend more time together. I had spent about 2 weeks at her house, with her and her daughter. When out of the blue she said she needed space and time. Her ex, whom she hadn't been seeing for over a year, and her baby daddy, was still in the picture. Regardless of him starting a new relationship himself. To make things more complicated, my ex was "married" to her "wife". I started to feel more and more unwanted, unloved, and depressed. It went from seeing one another regularly to every other day, to weekends to not all. I kept asking if I had something wrong. Her response at one point was, " why do you keep asking me that shit"? All I heard from her was my ex this, my wife that. When I brought up a future, it shifted from me talking about us, to her talking about "I can do that...., I can buy my own..." Etc.

Not to mention that there were times where I would not hear from her for hours at a time via text messages.

The last few times I did have a brief chance to talk to her about my feelings and emotions, it resulted in me being told that I'm clingy, whiny, mopey, etc

DavidEss January 12th, 2020

@tallWatermelon5287

Hi. What makes you think you made the wrong decision?