Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Please help. Feeling hurt and discarded.

scarletOwl June 8th, 2020

I'm in the middle of a divorce (my ex was emotionally abusive and we were together 12 years). I started talking to a guy back in Feb and we agreed we were looking for someone to hang out with casually (neither of us want it to go anywhere long term). Back in April/May, we started hanging out pretty regularly. It felt nice to be spending time with someone again.

Then, all of a sudden, he got really distant. We've developed a great friendship and we talked openly about how this is something he often does (we often talk about our respective issues).

He still texts every day, but it's been three weeks of him being very distant. Now, it's been over a week since I've even seen him. Whene I speak up about how painful this sudden switch is for me, he gets annoyed and isn't compassionate.

I'm so hurt. I've tried to wait for him to come back around, but we're going on week 4. I'm just heartbroken that he can't seem to find it in him to really care about how painful this is for me... to go from hanging out every other day and texting all day every day... to barely seeing him and very few texts (no more morning texts).

Just feeling heartbroken, hurt, abandoned, discarded, and angry. Can't seem to stop feeling that pange of hurt every morning when I look at my phone and there's no text... or when I think about how he hasn't wanted to spend time with me for over a week (and barely at all in the weeks before that).

scarletOwl OP June 8th, 2020

@scarletOwl

Bumping this up to hopefully get some feedback/thoughts from anyone.