Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My daughters ex’s Dad is my Partner

raspberryTangerine6846 September 25th, 2022

My daughter had her heart broken by her ex and I am dating his Father (was before they broke up).

For 3 years we have lived under the same roof and my daughter makes life hard for us because he is a constant reminder of her ex.

Two months ago we all moved 8 hours away to another town, now my partner has decimated to move back to our home town.

My daughter loves that he has gone.

My daughters ex is due to have a baby next month (one night stand) he doesn’t talk to me because I remind him of my daughter.

Do I move back south and leave my family? We love each other so much but I just don’t know what to do. Please help me with your thoughts.

Yzrrain528 September 25th, 2022

@raspberryTangerine6846 This thing is really too complicated. No matter how you choose the final result should not be very good. I have always believed that when a person finds his love, he should pursue it bravely. But no matter what you choose in your current situation, one party will be uncomfortable. Now it can only depend on whether you feel that your love is important, or to avoid the embarrassment your daughter may have in the future.

toughTiger6481 September 25th, 2022

I honestly believe you should make your relationship work first ........ grown children will develop their own lives and not be there for you always ... having someone to spend your later years with happily is the goal correct?

there will always be things that remind us of things we cannot avoid them all and life is complicated

dukeofdearham September 27th, 2022

@raspberryTangerine684,

you are entitled to happiness.

Feels to me your daughter is acting pretty selfish.

You should make clear to her you deserve happiness and you will not accept her standing in the way.

Tell her to get professional help if she is still struggling to cope with the breakup. Or stop and permit you and her to be happy. Put down your needs. Boundaries. Don't take any bullshit from her. Stand up for yourself.