Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mood swings

confusedandlostsoul January 5th, 2020

I'm 20. My parents are talking about my marriage in few years. Yesterday I returned from my cousin sister's wedding. Her husband's family is really nice. Her husband's younger brother was really cute and had kind eyes. I liked him. I have problem with vivid imaginations and was imagining being married to him and loved the idea of their family. I have no idea how they are in real life. Now I'm all sad and depressed and mad that I'm stupid for imagining shit and will never find a family I can be myself in. I don't know how to stop these imaginations and mood swings. Don't know what is wrong with me.

mercurialme January 5th, 2020

Hi @confusedandlostsoul, im 20 also and my parents are talking about marriage too. I wouldnt be too hard on yourself for imagining your future with a guy you're potentially interested in. I think your parents bringing up the topic of marriage is an idea that was planted in your mind, and now its no surprise you are looking at "potentials". I can at least say thats whats happening to me, i dont like it but i partially do blame my parents for constantly bringing the topic up. You are still young though, so try not to worry when you meet your other half, i know i wonder the same thing and its hard not to, but still. Good luck

confusedandlostsoul OP January 5th, 2020

@mercurialme Hey. I'm just mad at myself for getting my hopes up and all. The way my family is I'm mostly gonna end up in an arranged marriage. Most likely with a shitty dude with wonderful acting skills. I just get angry when I'm all like oh I can have a family where I can talk freely and be myself but the reality is most likely gonna be the opposite. And I hate that I'm not happy with where I am and am imagining stuff with people I haven't even spoken to. Makes me feel more crazier than I want.

Polliniy January 5th, 2020

@confusedandlostsoul

There's nothing bad about wishing something good for yourself. Also you never know about the future, it is always unfolding with many surprises.

I understand you're upset that you built this dream life and your angry at your current one. All I can say is work towards your dream life. Talk to the guy, see if you guys match.

Also, it's your life. I hope you get the courage to do what you and your heart wants. As the person before me said, you're young, you should dream and don't be scared to fall down. The more you get up and take the steps towards what you want, the stronger you'll get.

About your parents, I'm sure they will still love you even if you don't want an arrange marriage. Let them know, talk to them. Communication is key.

Honestly, don't beat yourself up for wanting something great. There are many people out there who have no clue what they want. See this as a positive thing 😊

confusedandlostsoul OP January 6th, 2020

@Poliniy Thank you