Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to be alone with a date

secretNickel1321 November 22nd, 2019

I've been on (what I think are) dates with my crush in the last few weeks, but they were in somewhat crowded places and it was hard to hear each other, so the conversation was kind of sparse and difficult. (We've also been texting a lot, but we both seem kind of reserved with that, and have more chemistry in person?) I think it would be good if next time I could suggest going somewhere we can be alone that's quiet and hear each other and just talk to each other directly.

What are some tips on how to get to that type of place? I remember situations like this when I used to date, but it's been a long time. One girl kissed me and then we sat in my car together listening to music, for instance. One invited me to her place for some reason I don't remember, and we sat on her couch alone. With another, we drove together to a restaurant after an activity, and then kissed in my car afterward when I dropped her off at her car. I guess it also helped that those were obviously official dates and this is ostensibly "hanging out with a friend".

healingWhisper July 3rd, 2020

@secretNickel1321

I really like to go hiking on my dates. It gives us some alone time and we could get to know each other better. What are your favourite date places? smiley

secretNickel1321 OP February 27th

@healingWhisper We went on several hikes together but it was always ambiguous whether we were on a date or just hanging out as friends.  I have developed intense (unhealthy?) feelings for her over the years, but we only see each other once or twice a year, and text in bursts, with long periods of silence in between where she doesn't respond to me.  A few days ago she initiated contact again and I got excited, we started making plans to meet up and I was determined to be more forward this time and try to resolve this thing, and my asking questions led to her mentioning that she has a boyfriend, and now I'm deeply sad and haven't responded in days, don't know what to say. 😞