Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How many?

Brooke91 November 27th, 2016

How many real relationships did you have before you met your spouse? I am always wondering how many more real relationships I'll go through before I find one that will work out. I know everyone is different, just thought it would be a fun question. So far I've only had 4 real relationships in the past 10 years. I'm still waiting to meet "the one". Wondering what the average is. By real I mean a relationship that was actually meaningful to you.

windflowers November 27th, 2016

@Brooke91

hello there. honestly, being a teen, i'm hardly qualified to answer, but i'll do my best. i found these two links, perhaps they'd help you? they can be found here and here. happy cupsgiving and i hope you're doing well!

Brooke91 OP November 27th, 2016

@windflowers

Aw, thank you. You're awesome :)

usefulJewel19 November 27th, 2016

@Brooke91 you are right about the part that everyone is different so trying to find a average time would not be easy. as for me I have been in 3 relationships and all of them meant some thing for me. And I am grateful for those memories and love they gave me even if I'm not the one for them.

We all have different timelines some I personally know has found the one for them in Maybe their first or 2nd relationship while some had to go through 10 or more.

2wheelsdown November 28th, 2016

@Brooke91

Unfortunately there is no "average" I don't think ... I dated a lot before I met my ex husband, and after 8 years together, that didn't work out either, and I started dating again at 35.

There's no rule on how long it takes to meet the right one, and no guarantee when that might happen.

Brooke91 OP November 28th, 2016

@2wheelsdown

I know. I'm always just curious.

2wheelsdown November 28th, 2016

@Brooke91 It is interesting to hear what other people have been through. I don't even think I could count how many relationships ... do I count the shorter term ones? Do I have to go back to my late teens and early 20s? Ugh.

Anyway, at 37, I have met the right one. Right now I am enjoying our time together and trying not to worry what the future will bring.

intelligentString November 29th, 2016

I personally haven't had any real relationships yet, but I know people who met their spouse in high school and started dating and got married and have been married for 50 years, and I know people who've been in probably dozens of relationships and still haven't found the right one but they've learned and loved and are still willing to try. It is interesting to see, isn't it?

Ladybug11 December 21st, 2016

@Brooke91 Ive had two real relationships so far, one i knew i didnt want to be with him in the future... but the man I am with now and have been for 2 years :) I think he could be the one

caringLight March 29th, 2017

I had 1 real relationship that lasted 7 years before meeting my current spouse

Helping2findaway March 29th, 2017

@Brooke91...i hope you do find the answer your looking for. I am not married, so can not say how many..