Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling Lonely

honeypie720 June 22nd, 2020

Hey everyone!

I always try to be an optimistic and hopeful person through life. But sometimes, like everyone, I have my doubts and feel like I'm never going to be loved.

I'm 19, and I've never had a boyfriend or even a first kiss. I'm a pretty straigh-forward person, so I'm never afraid to be straight forward and tell a guy I like how I feel.

While this may seem great, I am always rejected. It sometimes leads me to think that there's something wrong with me, and it's not just the wrong person. I've been told I'm picky when it comes to relationships, but that's only because I know my self-worth and what I deserve. I never like a guy based on looks, I mainly fall for the vibes and personality. Is this really a bad thing that could possibly be holding my love life back?

I just wonder if I will ever recieve the same type of love that I am always giving to everybody else. It gets lonely, and while being single can have its perks to some people, I feel a bit tired of it since I've never been in a relationship or felt that kind of connection with anyone. I know they say the right one will come along eventually, but I feel like I should be more proactive than just sitting and waiting. Maybe me being an Atheist and not really believing that the universe has a set plan for each and every one of us is exactly true forces me to have doubts, so I'm not sure how to exactly feel more confident.

I was just wondering how you guys deal with the lonliness and hopelessness of being single? What gives you moivation and reassurance? What are your inspirational stories or advice?

Thanks, hope you're all doing well! :)

CoolBeans29 June 23rd, 2020

@honeypie720 Being lonely isn't fun! I'm sorry about your experiences in the dating world. Remember that you're still young, everyone is still getting their things together, figuring themselves out. But, what is meant for you will never miss you. Love will appear in the places you least expect, it may catch you off guard too. You get always get rejected? It hurts but, as humans when we don't get what we want we must be okay with the fact that it simply wasn't meant to be ours at the time and that better is on the way. When you truly find the one who is for you, you'll look back at those rejected efforts and it won't even hurt anymore. The love that soothes the stings of past loves and could've beens. You sound pure and wholesome. No first kiss or anything like that. What I would give to be that way again because, we're so eager for love sometimes but when it's not for the right reasons and you find yourself in something, you'll realize it wasn't worth the hurting or the rush or the bending over backwards. Patience and assurance- big help. It sucks honestly seeing people so happy with one another and you want to be a part of that. I'll be praying that you find someone who is truly a genuine person and loves you for the right reasons. Please, you sound like such a sweet person, my heart goes out to you because I've been there. I'm currently the crazy and sad ex girlfriend with severe anxiety. You'll get your love boo! I believe it! You should too more importantly!! <3333

honeypie720 OP June 23rd, 2020

@CoolBeans29

Omg this message was so sweet and amazing, thank you so much!!

You sound very wise and wholesome as well, and I'm sorry for what happened with your dating past, but everything that happens to us only makes us stronger and helps us grow in ways we may not even realize. I hope you are able to deal with your anxiety and move on to find the love that you deserve as well to make you happy with yourself again. The right one won't make you feel crazy or anxious because they'll accept you for who you are, and I know you'll find that, no matter what happened with your ex. Your past doesn't define you. :)

I really appreciate the advice, you were right about everything and you really helped give me more hope and a better insight, and I'm glad I'm not alone, thank you again!! ❤️

@honeypie720 you're more than welcome!!!!! :) thank you for your kind wishes as well!

June 23rd, 2020

@CoolBeans29

I love what you wrote. Perfect. Nothing can be said more to it. Take care.

@Maturefriends thank you <3 you take care too

honeypie720 OP June 23rd, 2020

@Maturefriends

I totally agree!! ❤️