Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Falling out of love?

Elinxs27 February 8th, 2017

How can i tell if either he or i am falling out of love? We have been fighting a lot and we almost broke up last time. We've been together over a year now and i get jealous and I'm emotional and sensitive. It breaks my heart thinking of not being together, but i wonder if I'm holding him back and vise versa. What if we arent meant to be together? I had a dream last night that he broke up with me to get with his best friend. Now it feels like heartache as if we had actually broken up all day so far. Please help :(

RaniNightray February 8th, 2017

@Elinxs27 I'm probably not the best in giving advice with relationships but you shoukd probably try to do whatever you feel is right. If you feel like you shouldn't be together, then do that. If you want to try to work things out, try. If it doesn't work at least you tried, but you have to be the one to decide what you want to do, and how you go abouts doing it.

Elinxs27 OP February 8th, 2017

@RaniNightray i promised him and myself that i wouldn't give up so we have been fighting but i also suggested counseling?

imontheoutside February 8th, 2017

Hi, @Elinxs27!

I am sorry to hear about the difficult situation you are put in with your partner right now. As of this moment, it may seem like you two are falling apart and out of love with each other, but perhaps you can never be sure until you confront him about it. Silence kills every person that it meets, but communication is the best cure to this killer. You are still his partner and he is still yours. I hope you can get the insight you need to confront this difficult situation as I may not be able to give you the best and good advice that you may need. Perhaps you could consider and rethink what made you two fall apart and start from there and communicate? Perhaps? If you can, you can follow your heart.

I hope it gets better for you! <3

2cupsofteaa February 8th, 2017

@Elinxs27

I really hear how afraid you are about possibly losing this relationship, and it's completely understandable. It sounds like you truly cherish having him in your life, but do not know what to do now when you both have hit a rough spot. If you really do not want to lose him, however, and if he is on the same page, then both of you would need to properly sit down and discuss ways of making this relationship work. It takes two to build a strong bond. There is no way to tell if someone is falling out of love with you for sure unless you straight up ask the person. Don't let your insecurities and irrational fears get the better of you. It's very easy to jump to conclusions and assume things, but until he says so himself, the best that you can do right now is to show him that working this relationship out is worth it despite the fights recently. I like to ask this to my partner when things feel like it's going downhill, do you think that in summary, we have more happy memories or more sad memories? And from there, you can get a feel of how good/healthy your relationship is. If the answer is: "sad memories more recently", well perhaps there are some things that you and your significant other need to talk and sort out.

All in all, I know it's easy to have your emotions take charge. Clearly, you seem to be feeling very scared and concern about breaking up if you dreamt of your partner getting with his bestfriend. What is very important though is that if you both really value each other, communicate and try to compromise and figure a common ground :) It's hard work, but all relationships are like that. Good luck!

Prosperkitty February 15th, 2017

@2cupsofteaa

Great answer love! ❤️

2cupsofteaa February 15th, 2017

@Prosperkitty

Aww thanks for the kind words :) Hope you're having a good day!

Prosperkitty February 15th, 2017

@2cupsofteaa

You too love! It's always nice seeing you on the forums XD heart

2cupsofteaa February 16th, 2017

@Prosperkitty

Oh yes for sure! ;) Haha, just checked your page out, didn't know that you were into Kpop :P

Prosperkitty February 16th, 2017

@2cupsofteaa

ARE YOU? :DDD