Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

(Failed) Relationship Hopper

rene9250 April 23rd, 2020

This is hard to talk about.

I've always been the "heartbreaker" and have always relationship hopped quickly, forgetting who I was each time. With all the pain of losing that person, I wanted to deal with it through another person and have put my worth into men, which isn't right.

My first ex - we met organically in class and instantly had a spark, dated for 6 months, but he got too clingy so I left.

~ 1 year before dating again, which I definitely was able to work on myself~

Second ex - we went on a blind date set up by my best friend and her bf at the time and he emotionally and mentally abused me, ending up cheating at the end and I stood him up and left.

~3 weeks~

Third ex - my dream, my first love. He treated me like a QUEEN, smothering me with his love, we went on adventures together, we were deep we were perfect, until college started for me. Long distance was a lot harder than I expected... I couldn't see him often and I got so busy. Also, I was curious about other men... Bad things - we were very off and on at the end, he didn't really want to go to college, he had a lot of issues that I felt like I had to fix but couldn't so I left.

~3 weeks of self-destruction = sex, alc, parties~

4th ex - we met from mutual friends in college and he was so happy and someone I looked up to. Overtime, I felt like an option and felt like he was a boy vs. a man. We fought a lot, so I left. It's been 2 weeks since we've broke up and I'm forced to be alone... I just need help because I miss him

faithlove1111 April 25th, 2020

@rene9250 , Glad you are able to speak about all these break ups. Hope it has helped to ease some of your pain. Sometimes , self care like spending time by yourself , exercising , meditating , reading , art work and so on can give you some breathing space and understand yourself better.

rene9250 OP April 25th, 2020

@faithlove1111

thank you and yeah, it's really helped to work on doing things for myself :)