Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do i just give up

Morph2 March 2nd, 2017

I am somewhat seeing my ex boyfriend again, but im wondering if i should just give up. He gets upset when i dont stay the night, says i put him on the backburner, if we both have too much to drink, we'll get into stupid arguements...some to where he threatens to ruin my life. He's said that once before, i still went back to him...sometimes i feel he's playing mind games with me but at the same time im like why do i keep coming back to you. He's told me that he wants to marry me but I'm not so sure about that. He doesn't really trust me due to a situation where he took my phone from me a year ago and saw that i had been texting my ex and flat out called me a cheater. Should i just leave everything well enough alone?

Mistress101 March 2nd, 2017

@Morph2 I think that if you can't just walk away from this, at least don't have sex with him. This happens to most people. Also, trust your gut. Good luck xx

Morph2 OP March 2nd, 2017

@Mistress101 I've been trying to trust my gut, and at times it has been correct. I also dont feel that it's correct that someone gets upset because you're too close to your family. I will confess though that we did have sex a few months ago before we quit talking to each other. I walked away in the very very beginning when he said i didnt have a backbone and he needed someone to stand up for him, and he was the one who began talking to me again and i fell...

CompassionateGirl90 March 2nd, 2017

@Morph2 Do you feel like the relationship is worth this sort of struggle? Alcohol can make people say things that they don't really mean, but it worries me if it's a cycle that repeats. Someone saying they want to ruin your life sounds pretty extreme to me! In the end it all comes down to what you feel because you are the only one who has to live through your choices. No one should depend on you to make them happy and trust is essential for a relationship to be healthy.

Morph2 OP March 2nd, 2017

@CompassionateGirl90 i honestly dont think it's worth the struggle. Also, because we dont have a very good past because of me being a cheater....he doesn't trust me, but at the same time i feel i dont trust him and im somewhat afraid of him because i cant open up. He got upset with me because i went and tinted my car windows and i didn't go to him first because he works at a dealership and because i spent my own money.