Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Currently in a relationship and feeling crazy

tallMaple4202 November 11th, 2019

Hi,

Sometimes I feel like Im the source of all the problems in my relationships. Be they romantic, friendships or family relationships. I have trouble conveying my emotions and tend to let my negativite thoughts get the best of me. I honestly feel like I would be better off alone since I cause so much pain and drama around me. I just feel like I would not make a good friend, girlfriend (though Im currently in a long term relationship), wife, mother...etc. sometimes I get the urge to just disengage with society altogether because I cant seem to find my place in the world and I seem to drive the poeple around me crazy with all of my emotional needs. Does anybody else feel theyre better off alone and away from other people? I know humans are supposed to be social creatures but Ive never been able to socialize in a healthy way long term. Any advice for someone who just wants to disappear?

Brookeissick November 24th, 2019

@tallMaple4202 This is me exactly, did you have abandonment in childhood?

OverThinker2002 December 31st, 2019

@tallMaple4202, i feel you there. My girlfriend always tells me "stop pushing me away"... when in reality, im pushing myself away because i feel she is better off without me? Its a tough feeling to overcome.

LinearWaves November 11th, 2019

@tallMaple4202

Hey there! Thank you sharing all that. Im not sure if I can be of great help but I wanted to let you know that youre not alone with these feelings, I can relate a lot to what you say.

Id like to react to something you said though, you said you tend to let your negative thoughts get the best of you. Do you feel like its what makes you feel like you dont have your place and that you wont be a good friend/girlfriend/mother/wife? Or that it may make things feel worse than they are?

You also mentioned your emotional needs, and its okay to have needs. But do you think some of your needs are just asking too much from the people around you though?

Also, as much as humans are supposed to be social creatures, some of us also need time alone to just recharge and its very normal!

Take good care of yourself, and I hope you can find your own place where you don't feel like disappearing x