Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What I've gone through but never talked about

SteinsGate1 May 25th, 2021

I can't really talk to anyone about my issues or what happened in the last few months. After my ex cheated on me I started having a lot of issues with myself. I started hating myself so much, I cried until I just couldn't. I trusted him with my life and after years he just threw us away, it happened so fast, I stopped believing that I could ever love like I did with him. I also realised that I couldn't feel the same way ever again. I started working on myself a lot. Dated some guys and got told how pretty and how perfect I am, it didn't help, for the one I loved I wasn't enough. I also realised that a lot of people who seem perfect, actually have gone through a lot. I felt so lost and empty always looking in the mirror just thinking to myself that I'm not enough, that I never was and never will. I just dated so many guys hooked up just to feel again, just to stop having feelings for my ex. I still feel bad, people actually started having feelings for me, but after my relationship all I could think of is how I can spend my time with new people so that I could stop thinking about my ex. My love for someone was never this strong. I'm doing better now, my ex is now trying to win me back, besides all the suffering I've gone through, I'm doing better. But I just wanted to tell someone that I survived, that he hurt me this much and I was still able to stand up and try working on myself. That I'm still here after all this and that I can be proud of myself. Thank you for reading, please share your thoughts

walkalot May 26th, 2021

@SteinsGate1 , I'm glad you were able to get through this experience. Hopefully the community here can help to support you through this time. Sorry for your difficulties. I'm sure it will get better for you.

dukeofdearham May 26th, 2021

Hi @SteinsGate1,

you are beautiful as you. Your love for yourself does not depend on others, never. Some things seems worth "fighting" for. Fighting as in, I won't give up. If you feel fighting is draining you, then it's likely your emotions that have taken control. If you fight, and you feel at ease inside, still, quiet, then you're not fighting. You are just being your self, your true being.

As the saying goes, follow your heart. Your heart only, you can't think how you feel (although we do say like "I think I feel like..., well, that's fooling your true self).

Take care.