Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

She needs space

hardywoo85 July 4th, 2022

I find it hard to give her space, she broke up with me Saturday night, we properly talked on Sunday morning, didn't message each other all day but seen her this morning when we drop the kids to school, we chatted a little and it was awkward to say goodbye without hugging or kissing, I could tell she was weird about it too, do I still give her that space? But I really want to message her telling her I think she's made a mistake, she told me her parents and her best friend told her she's stupid for doing it, I just want her back

0m July 4th, 2022

@hardywoo85

I hear you. It is hard to step back when you don't agree with or fully understand her decision.

She must have her reasons for wanting space - did she mention anything?

It is definitely good that you are both being mature and trying to find a way to talk and be connected despite the breakup.

Wanting space isn't necessarily always a dead end. Sometimes people just need a moment to re-evaluate stuff or sort things out within their own lives before stepping forward for next steps.

hardywoo85 OP July 4th, 2022

@0m

It's a long story, she basically went from a toxic relationship where she wasn't in a good place and jumped straight into something with me, she wanted to go slow but she decided we was going to be in a relationship so I guessed she was ready and now after 3 weeks of being more serious she realised she was still in love with her ex and needs to get over him before she can commit to a relationship. She's told me not to wait for her but I was the right person but wrong timing

0m July 5th, 2022

@hardywoo85

That sounds like a fair reason for space. The space seems to be intended to avoid hurt and to prevent situations where she might react badly to the present relationship just because she still hasn't had closure from the previous one. It is a good thing she has said you are the right person! I hope the right time comes along soon. In the meantime, yes, it does sound like a good idea to just be there without invading the space she has asked for.

Much peace to you <3

hardywoo85 OP July 5th, 2022

@0m

Thank you its what I needed to hear because I thought the same and wanted someone else's same opinion, I seen her today at the school run and we chatted just being friends and without looking Into it too much she gave me a friendly hug goodbye but at the same time I've seen her say goodbye to a few of her friends including her best friend before and she's never gave any of them a hug so I feel like something is there for her but I am still going to keep my distance for her