Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I know that I'm toxic

SteinsGate1 March 12th, 2021

I know that I'm toxic. My ex is hanging out with a girl that he finds perfect and had a crush on once. I make him feel bad for it, because I cannot handle them together. She's in a relationship and I can absolutely not trust my ex, he cheated on me once. Everytime I feel this way, I just want him to feel the way I do. He's telling me I'm important and everything, but obviously not important enough to not hang out with her. I just....I don't want to think, I don't want to be sober anymore.

anna289 March 14th, 2021

He’s your ex you have no control or right over what he does or who he sees but you have a right to how it makes you feel and what you choose to do about it. He’s already cheated before and he’s hanging out with another girl. Maybe you should try to either shift your focus on something you love to do or try to meet other people as well. You don’t have to go and force yourself into a serious relationship but find someone who at least interests you enough to want to pursue that later on. Also alcohol is only a temporary fix to problems I recommend finding healthier ways to cope like talking to someone or working on something.

resourcefulApricot962 March 23rd, 2021

@SteinsGate1 Uhm, he's your EX. He is an EX for a reason. You should not be focusing on him anymore and whatever he is doing with his life. You need to focus on yourself. He isn't worth hanging over since he cheated on your before.

Adarlya March 25th, 2021

If he's your ex then who he hangs out with shouldn't be of concern to you. You can see whoever you want as can he as you two no longer have a commitment to one another