Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Girl I like a lot but..

affectionateNest5633 March 28th, 2021

So there’s a girl I like a lot. She’s constantly on my mind. She lives across from me. Well when day she approached me to hang out. I said sure. Well I sort of went too fast and asked her out on the second day. She said yes, but then about a week later she told me she wasn’t looking to be in relationship and that she should stay single. ( During that time a friend of hers needed help and was in abusive relationship. She moved in with her and thats when she told me this. She said she would still like to hang with me though and continue if it was okay with me. She felt that was best especially since her friend moved in). So I talked to some friends and they told me that she was just asking to slow things down. Spend time with her... i also saw this thing that said spending time with a girl will help cause it will allow her to fall for you seeing you as yourself. So I did things were going great. We were having dinner together. She would make me read to her daughter and even started teaching her daughter my name. I would leave notes telling her that I want to steal her. My friend told me thats a good sign that she wants you to spend time with her daughter. Then this Friday she was packing for a trip. We talked about stuff we wanted to do together when she gets back. I woke up took her to the airport at 3 am she made me give her a hug and said ill see you when i get back. She told me to give her my snapchat and she would send me pics. I also had given her money to buy food at the airport and said this is what my family does. She smiled and said im family huh? After she left i sent her my snap and then later told her i hope she made it safely. I got no response at all.... which crazy cause we flirted a lot before she left... :( i have no doubt she likes me a lot. I just dont know what to do.... i dont think ive lost her yet...

sally2345986 March 28th, 2021

@affectionateNest5633 She might be busy or doesn't use social media a lot

affectionateNest5633 OP March 28th, 2021

She was the one who asked for snap before getting out to go catch her flight.. why would should not even say anything for 3 days now.. not even I am okay.. :(

sally2345986 March 28th, 2021

@affectionateNest5633 who knows

Skyy0 April 1st, 2021

@affectionateNest5633

This happened to me as well, 3 days no response? Stay strong! Love can feel so good and I'm happy you felt those feelings of happiness with her teaching her daughter your name 😁 stay strong and remember your roots. Don't depend on her answer back to you. She will return from the trip. She is doing her own thing, while away. So you must do the same and live independently for just a while longer. I believe in you! You can find hobbies like playing any sort of game 🎮, maybe gardening since its spring, finding new foods to cook or eat, start or continue a collection. All of these things helped me remember my roots and not depend on an answer from someone; the digital thread between people on snapchat is very thin. You will be okay.

affectionateNest5633 OP April 1st, 2021

Thanks for the response! Update she did return. She did tell me she missed me. But things went well for the 2 days lol then got weird yesterday... idk im going to back away a little and give her more space. She seems confused.

sally2345986 April 1st, 2021

@affectionateNest5633 if she is confused best to move on to someone who knows what they want at least you know now then later all the best.

Skyy0 April 3rd, 2021

@sally2345986

It's not easy to move on. Straight away. I know my eyes are closed to anyone else, and all I felt was anger, for a long time. Hobbies can be a healthy distraction for sure.

sally2345986 April 3rd, 2021

@Skyy0 yeah i experienced Grief from a relationship ending but I ended it

Seaworld30 April 2nd, 2021

I also wouldn't depend on her too much@Skyy0

affectionateNest5633 OP April 5th, 2021

She spends a lot of time with me. She enjoys it so much. She knows I want to get to know her. Do you think that if I keep spending a lot of time with her that this is going to cause her to want to be with me even more eventually? Especially if it seems like she really likes me. She just sits there saying “oh im not lookin right now. Don’t have expectations.. “ yet she still lets me tell her how I want to keep her and her daughter forever. She tries to push things for her daughter and I to spend time. Like holding her daughter and reading her daughter a book before bed. Or when we go she will have me carry her daughter like im the dad and put her in her car seat. Ect....