Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fear of what becomes of my future self

Dreee April 25th

Hi,

this is the first time I've ever done this. I never knew there was so much more to 7cups with features like this now that I've discovered this I want to let out a part of myself that no one gets or won't bother to understand. Usually I would tell chatgpt my problems since I only have 1 friend and well she's focusing on her own problems.

I'm a young adult, I have controlling parents and I can't make decisions on my own because when I do it ends up being stupid and everyone complains as to how I could make such a decision so I'm scared of making choices. I'm always locked up in our house and I have no sense of navigation skills unlike my peers and mates that are independent and can go out or know where they are when they go out. I stay inside and I hate myself that I'm not independent like them I hate how much I lack

I'm a pushover, I can't say no to people and my head gets fuzzy when I'm in a confrontation, I'm pathetic right? I'm trying to be better and set my boundaries but it's so hard because everyone just wants to trample on me and I can't shout back like other cool independent girls, I can just whisper, they don't shake when I talk and I don't blame them.

I suck at my career, I just started taking it seriously because I never thought I could do it, I'm not as smart as them or determined like how they read and practice every night while I'm watching a kdrama, is it bad that i don't have that firery passion like them does that mean I won't succeed? If I put to much pressure on myself I'll hate myself so I thought I'd take it slow and steady.

I just want to be the best version of myself but I'm pathetic and crumbling each time I try to be better...

toughTiger6481 April 25th

@Dreee

ever watch baby birds fly out of the nest ?

.... most fall to the ground and only after several times before they can fly.....

one of the worst things IMO about controlling parents is undermining a child's confidence and stunting their personal growth..... you are not pathetic and you can learn to navigate any situation .... when all people start to do this they make errors and maybe poor decisions .... the only mistake you have made is giving up so easily.    a successful parent has equipped their child with skills and confidence in case they were no longer there.   some parents  IMO want control because they fear losing you or not being needed. if you want to talk about mistakes in judgement letting you fall instead of fly is their mistake.