Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Random irritations

MystiBelle23 June 20th, 2016

Hello everyone, I don't usually post in the forums but there's something that's been bothering me for a while. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years now, we both still live with our parents and we visit each other from time to time. But something that always tends to happen is when I stay with him for a few days, we'll be doing fine and having fun and relaxing, but when one of his brothers or his mom irritates him or does something to throw off his mood, he'll act as though he's mad at me and give me the silent treatment but still converse and joke around with the same people that ticked him off. Its confusing to me as I did nothing wrong but his actions make it seem like I did. Everytime I talk to him about it after he cools down he's always like "I was just upset, I didn't mean to ignore you" But everything else he does says otherwise. I just don't know why he's like this, has anyone else gone through something like this?

June 20th, 2016

@MystiBelle23

Wow that is very odd and confusing! It sounds like what he gets into arguments with his family, he takes out his aggression on you. That's really unfair and I'm sorry you are going through that sadHave you tried telling him how you feel when he does that? It sounds like maybe you have spoken to him about it, since he apologizes afterwards.

Does he do this a lot or is it mostly a random thing that comes up after he has an argument with his family? It sounds like a mostly infrequent event, so I hope ranting about it here did some good!

Take care and good luck! heartxx

MystiBelle23 OP June 21st, 2016

@KindListening I have tried talking to him but he'll give me one word answers or just ignore me completely. Its uncomfortable because I'm here to see him and spend time with him but when he's like this I can't really approach him out of fear that he might snap at me. I find it easier to talk to him through text as I can gather my thoughts better as in real life I stutter when put on the spot even though I know what to say. When we do talk in person he cuts me off a lot as he thinks he knows what I'm going to say. Its really hard to talk in person because I always think the worst will happen and I don't get my full thoughts out. This only happens when he's having troubles with his family, or if anything pisses him off so as a kind of prevention method I try to keep him happy and laughing but now nothing is working and I feel kinda powerless

Saraf July 15th, 2017

@MystiBelle23

This is quite an issue, isn't it? Seems like he takes it out on you, because you're the safest option at hand, since he can't lash out on his family members so he chooses you. That is unhealthy and he might not even know it. Try talking to him about it on a calm, detailed manner. You mentioned that it is easier for you to talk via text since you can gather your thoughts. Then text him, write him a letter or anything. Make him understand. I'm sure he'd understand!

It'd be okay. smiley