Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Friends until inconvenience

courteousLunch82 December 21st, 2021

Recently I've had issues with communicating with a friend of mine and I learned that it was because he got a new girlfriend.

He said he was sorry for not responding to my texts and that he wasn't "ignoring me" but was just busy.

As he asked me how I was I explained that I had been trying to reach him because I had to go to the ER and stayed at the hospital for a week. Also that I have to have my next surgery very soon.

I could tell he was being very distant and didn't ask me any questions about the situation. I feel he doesn't care about me anymore because he made a move on me and I declined because I was seeing someone else and I'm demiromantic-Asexual. But he said he understood and he wasn't hurt. But, I always felt that was a lie.

He still hasn't responded to me and I feel like he's not going to unless I start it. So, I don't know if I should text him over the holidays just to be nice and see if there's anything left between us.

I feel no one cares about me unless there's something they want from me.

Cain96 December 21st, 2021

I'm sorry you feel like you're losing your friend. I think a Christmas or new year's eve message would be nice. It's probably best to not push the issue though. If he doesn't want to hang out anymore, then his actions will show that. If a simple well wishing is the last thing you say to him, then he might be more willing to respond. If he doesn't respond, then at least you guys will leave off on a positive note.

Best wishes, Cain