Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Friend no more (+story of my day)

mededicatedstudent April 4th, 2021

Few months after the pandemic starts, I left all group chats (gc) I'm with, including my friends. IDK weird things kept happening, that's before school starts (in my country). In my friends gc we 2 gc. i was added back in 1, but I muted it kept it ins spam, checked it when i feel like it, because i feel like they are ruining my peace.

>>fast forward to the present time(currently in my 2nd semester of the school year)

I have gone to a botanical garden to relax, I'm with my Mothers friends we wore masks and there were only a few people. I felt good so i took a snap and posted it in myday(facebook), one friend replied to the photo, and because i was out and having fun i didn't reply, I also didn't read it yet. Just this night, few minutes after I arrived, I took my time to relax before taking a bath (because i was out, it's a must for me. I love feeling clean). After taking a bath, I heard notifs from fb, from a block mate of mine about our incoming report, they ask me how to divide our workload. So after the bath, facial mask and my skin care routine . I made plans for our report, it was urgent so I read my block mates chat first. I haven't read yet what my friend replied to my myday/story, I also forgot about it. around 1am, I was about to sleep. As I was scrolling on my fb page and instagram, to viewing chats that I missed in messenger.

I think they forgot that I am also in the gc (i muted the gc w/ my friends because I got busy not just in my school work, but also I feel off with them that i decided to mute it, something is just not right). So I read their convos, and I read something about me and my myday/story. There were deleted chats and they are also talking about me i'm sure of it, maybe in their dm.

let's say my name is Anna.

someone deleted a message (5X)

G: how brazen/unashamed (i not sure if its the right word in English, but in our language its something you say when you fail to pay back to someones good action towards you " dept of gratitude", its like offensive and hurtful, like in our language)

M: someone told me just to let her be

G: fool

M: *Sends 2 screen cap of my myday/story* Anna posted a myday.

G: saw it, it notified. All I can say is how i wish (i can feel the sarcasm)

M: i replied to her myday, and she didn't reply to my chat. [something like dat]

G: hahaha told you

i was in that group chat (gc), i just muted it. it's in spam. i don't reply to their messages coz i just feel like it, but i read all of the convos, maybe they forgot about me being there. Maybe as you read this thread, it may seemed nothing to you, but it was heavy for me. because of that conversation, i decided to deactivate my Twitter, i can't deact my fb, and instagram for school related, but i wish i could so that they wont see my story. and i've decided to totally cut my connections to them.

In Conclusion, they have ruined my peace which i carefully built for myself, i was almost in the point where i can say that i'm happy, that i am doing something better for myself. But it all collapsed by just those mere convos, that are not even emotionally wounding.

Optimisticempath April 16th, 2021

@mededicatedstudent

Hi I hear how difficult is it when we try hard to stay postive but something just ruins our momentum .

Please don't stop trying , you were doing great and you can do it again . Hugs ❤