Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling lonely, difficulty making friends

Daydreamer47 November 12th, 2023

Hi,

I am feeling really lonely today. I am not in contact with parents due to abuse, and I'm single, so I have been focused on trying to make friends. I am also in school full time so it's been really hard to meet people. I have limited time to go to events and join groups. I got to a dance class once a week, but it is pretty far drive. My friends from school are overwhelmed with school and consistently turn down plans. I have resorted to trying to find friends on a dating app. I got a bunch of matches and this weekend I had plans to meet with two different people. One cancelled due to covid, so that's ok. The other I asked do you still want to hang out tomorrow and she hasn't responded at all.

I am feeling really frustrated and resentful because I am putting in so much effort to connect with people and not be lonely but people keep letting me down and it's really not helping my trust issues and feeling like I can't count on people.

Sorry I think just kind of wanted to rant lol. Don't really want advice just wanted to rant lol

KateDoskocilova November 12th, 2023

@Daydreamer47 hi there
i understand how these situations must be making you feel resentful. thank you for sharing them with us <3

Daydreamer47 OP November 12th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova thank you so much! I appreciate it!

MMaximiliano November 15th, 2023

@Daydreamer47

It's understandable to feel frustrated, discouraged and resentful on how things are working out. I just want to commend you though on your efforts. It's a very big step imo to reach out like you're doing and admirabe that you keep on trying too.

Daydreamer47 OP November 15th, 2023

@MMaximiliano Thank you! I appreciate it!