Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can't connect to people I'm interested in/like

Somiaa August 8th, 2019

I've experienced social trauma at a young age and have never really spread my social wings due to anxiety and low self-esteem. I've been working on my social anxiety and self-esteem daily, but I'm at a roadblock were I don't feel like I'm connecting to people when I socialize with them. I'm completely emotionally blocked off even though I'm interested in the person and they also express interest in getting to know me. when I talk to people I don't feel like I'm creating a connection with them even on a surface level. I don't know what steps I need to take to feel closer to people I'm interested in forming a relationship with. (Whatever form that takes: acquaintance, friendship, familial, romantic, etc.)

0m August 16th, 2019

@Somiaa

There's a bit of information in our loneliness guide that might address your question about meaningful connections within different personal interactions. I'm posting the guide here for you, hope it helps :)

https://www.7cups.com/how-to-deal-with-loneliness/

Somiaa OP August 17th, 2019

@0m

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to move me forward in the right direction!