Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

She used to be great

desperatelyseekinghelp37 July 20th, 2021

I started dating a woman a few months ago and she was so supportive and caring. Now it seems like she just catches an attitude with me over everything. She has literally became my number one trigger for my anxiety. I love her... I want to fix it and I'm taking steps to fix it. She claims she wants to also fix it but hasn't taken any steps towards doing so. I'm almost at my wits end and patience with it. Idk what to do....

sallymae3459 July 20th, 2021

@desperatelyseekinghelp37 i would break up with her if she doesn't change like give her an ultimatum if she doesn't want that then it is a sign to move on for the better.

desperatelyseekinghelp37 OP July 20th, 2021

I sat with her this morning and had a heart to heart with her and asked her to make an effort

Lauren101502 July 21st, 2021

omg! how did it go? i dont think u should give her an ultimatum becuase that comes off as a threat ans can lead to more toxic behaviour ecpeically if u dont actually plan on breaking up w her if she doesnt change bc then its an open threat and it means less to her so shell contiune doing it yk bc she knows u wont leave. i think u should talk to her and if it does change than yay thats good and if she doesnt talk to her again and THEN b like idk if i can jeep doing this if u dont at least try to change:)

milkoreos July 23rd, 2021

hello, @desperatelyseekinghelp37, i read both your posts, thank you posting this <3

relationships in the beginning are heady love & joy. so much so that once a partner stops trying it feels like falling from cloud 9. i'm glad you sat down to communicate with her, that's the most important tool in a relationship. how did it go? did she listen to you openly and admit to her faults or was she defensive?