Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

mixed emotions

crimsonLychee9180 June 12th, 2020

so well in brief a guy and i had a thing going on for almost a year but we never dated and our love was really strong. 2 months back it all ended because he began having feelings for someone else. according to him he ' doesn't lose feelingsfor people if he really loved them they only get replaced with feelings for others. recently he texted me saying that everyone broke his heart except me and tthat he doesnt lose feelings. he also said that he felt at home around me. me being a person who overthinks alot doesnt understandwhat he means by it. i accepted that i wont stop loving him but i have moved on and not really made him a priority anymore. so when he asked me to meet him this weekend i gave it a thought and then agreed. can someone help me understand what he means by it? thank you.

Evokun June 13th, 2020

@crimsonLychee9180

Hi there.

You 2 known each other for almost a year but never dated. Are you doing long distance? They say long distance is almost a guarantee will never work. Mine ended recently in the worst way I can't imagine.

2 months ago he had feelings for someone else. So I take it he doesn't love you anymore. Now he's back saying everyone broke his heart and still love you. I take it it didn't end well with his new love and now he's running back to you, saying all that sweet stuff.

I can only conclude he's not being sincere with his so called feelings for you. Maybe he's just confused of what to do with it. If you do meet him (first date after almost a year?), I think it's best you make himself clear what he actually wants in your relationship with him.

crimsonLychee9180 OP June 13th, 2020

@Evokun hm no it was not long distance, I didn't want to get into a relationship at that time so we would do things like we were dating but never made it official. He didn't specifically say he still loves me. He only used the words "I don't lose feelings" and we're just meeting a park, we never got to go on a date so far

justinefish234 June 13th, 2020

@crimsonLychee9180

hi there! i've been where you've been but the guy i was talking to was "playing" with my feelings. after i dropped him after finding out he was trying to talk to my friend, he still texted me about playing fortnite with him. i didn't really understand why he said that and i said okay but then we never did. then he asked me again but this time he said he wanted to play with me n my friend (the one he was talking to) and i couldn't believe it. i was so mad and then i realized that he was just still trying to play with me. honestly, at that point i just realized that he was just trying to hang out as friends and nothing more. what i would do if i were you is i would go talk to him. ask him what he wants so that you know for sure how he feels. hope everything goes well with you guys :)

crimsonLychee9180 OP June 13th, 2020

@justinefish234 thank you so much! That makes sense I'll do that, and sorry about your friend :(