Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Would you be able to forgive?

LittleSpitfire September 30th, 2014

My partner dumped me again.It seems to be a favorite thing of his to do. He kept promising (like every time before a breakup) that we weren't and then we did. Again it was over something stupid and I'm not even going to get into it. We were in a relationship (finally) on Facebook and he had told me to just leave it be and then last night he got on and changed his to single. So much for leaving it be. My trust in him has diminished since the first stupid breakup back in May and keeps diminishing after each.I feel so betrayed. He kept lying and breaking promises. He keeps hurting me and all he can do is say sorry. It's not enough anymore. He wants to remain friends and "better" ourselves. He said that changing his status to single was part of the breakup process and it's "just a status on Facebook." He doesn't seem to give a shit about anything he does and how it makes me feel. He said maybe down the road after we "fix" ourselves, we can get back together. Why should I? Why should I remain friends with someone who wasn't even a good boyfriend to me? So he can feel better for hurting me constantly? He LIED. Repeatedly. Yeah, he didn't cheat (so he says), but he LIED about other stuff. How can I forgive him or even trust him again? Being dumped 4 times for no real reason. Would any of you remain friends with your ex after he dumped you for stupid shit?

Bluecarrisole July 5th, 2019

@

hey! I

Barush September 30th, 2014

That is a really tough situation to be in. Obviously, only you know what you still feel or don't feel towards him, but personally, I wouldn't want to even stay friends with a person who treated me like you described. I know it is a clichby now, but I really do think that everyone deserves to be treated with respect. You don't owe him anything and there is no reason why you should stay friends with him if you don't want to. Good luck with whateveryou decide to do in the end.

Heltidsstuderande September 30th, 2014

Forgive is a process, and you are in the beggining of this process. You are feel devasted, but it will get butter.I've learned, the hard way, that the only person I can ever truly trust on is myself. Because I'm the only person who will ever be there for me, even when I don't want to be with me. Why shouldn't you focus on bettering yourself, for yourself. Never lose the faith you have in yourself! Nobody said life was easy but no one said it was so hard! Right? But, we can't change it, so why shouldn't we try to do something good for us? You are the expert one on you, so think about you first and then I guess you will know if you are able to forgive or not! Hope everything goes better and better! Kiss.

Heltidsstuderande September 30th, 2014

get better not buttercheeky

LittleSpitfire OP September 30th, 2014

Thank you both. I already know I'm going to work on myself for myself. That's a given. I will have to forgive eventually, but not because he wants me to, but because I don't want to be bogged down by him like the others from my past.

TransAm85 September 30th, 2014

I don't know how old you are, but men don't truly grow up until their late 20's or after 30. Between that time before, it's sex, work, sex, school, and sex. Men have feelings, but women take the feelings over the top. When you find "the one" .. you'll know. Until then, I'd tell that game-playing idiot to stop messing w/your head and grow up. You can do so much better.