Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Social Media?

flyingtuna7 March 18th, 2022

My Ex and I broke up a little over a month ago. We have had no contact for 35 days and counting. I feel pretty good about myself now and am reaching peace. We both deleted eachother off of social media post breakup to help move on. Is it a bad idea to friend request her now that things have calmed? I know that will "count" as breaking the no contact, but I don't want to erase her from my life completely. It'd be nice to catch up in the future someday, but It won't be the end of the world if we don't.

Lifeonmars787 March 18th, 2022

Hi! It's not a simple question. It depends on how you and this person feel about each other.

Why would you want to maintain a relationship with someone who didn't work out with?

Assuming she agrees to have a friendship with you, could you not think about a return?

And above all, in my opinion the fundamental question, would you manage not to feel jealous if she told you she was dating someone else?

Think about it carefully and be honest with yourself. If you think you can handle it, then it might be worth a try. In case you're still unsure, it's best to let it go, at least at the moment - you can consider reconnecting in the future, if you still want to, when you've fully moved on.

If you need, remember you can connect with a listener at any time. Take care!

dukeofdearham March 18th, 2022

@flyingtuna7,

It's called the past for a reason, it has past.

Just leave it, cherish the good and what you learned from it.