Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Love but not in love

oliveNickel5981 December 7th, 2017

A little history first, I've been in my relationship for 6 years now and we have three beautiful kids. I do suffer from depression and anxiety but can't afford meds or a therapist.

I love my fiance but I'm not in love or happy anymore. I have thoughts of leaving him but I'm not sure what I want/need to do. We don't fight or anything but we can't even hold a conversation. He plays on his phone while I chase kids around. I've tried talking with him about this but he doesn't see anything wrong. He says he's happy but I don't see how. He doesn't act happy or look happy..... I'm really confused!!!

Brooke91 December 7th, 2017

@oliveNickel5981

Tell him how you're feeling. Tell him that youre not happy.

SarahSG88 December 8th, 2017

@oliveNickel5981 I am really concerned about the depression you mentioned and I can see that its affecting your relationships as well. Let me take this opportunity to tell that there are therapists available on 7cups as well you can reach out to. You said that you love your fiance and you are confused. I understand its not a great place to be in. And you seem like wanting to work on this. For that, the communication gap in this matter with your partner will needed to be worked on. Its important he gets how you feel about this exactly. If you would like to talk more , can ping me personally as well.