Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just got broken up with and feeling alone

CinnamonRoll10 July 30th, 2020

My boyfriend of 4 months broke up with me yesterday. It came out of nowhere and he told me it was because he wouldn't have time to spend with me anymore once he starts school because he also works. It really hurt me. He was the one person who made me feel okay and made me feel less alone. Now I don't have that anymore and I resent myself for still wanting to love him. I miss him so much already, but I know things are done. I'm struggling alone with my thoughts. I don't want to hurt anymore.

pinkRaspberries5719 July 30th, 2020

@CinnamonRoll10

i relate so much to your post. I broke up today with someone I have been seeing for 4 months. It is going to be difficult for a while but we will go through it, I'm sure of this. You deserve someone who will consider you a priority in their life.

EvokunListens July 30th, 2020

@CinnamonRoll10

I'm not sure about the excuse of breaking up because of school and work because I'm sure there can be a way to work it out if one is serious about the relationship. I guess 4 months to him is not long enough to be worth keeping...

I'm sorry about how you feel though. You can try out engaging to a Listener here as a way to cope with the loneliness.

furryDoggo2508 July 31st, 2020

@CinnamonRoll10

I understand that you are going through tough times.

The reason he gave for breaking up with you is pretty trivial. People are never 'too busy' for the ones they truly love. If he had really loved you and valued you as a person, he would have made time for you despite the school and work pressure. But he chose to break up with you, which shows that he did not consider you worth the time and effort.

Always remember that being alone is better than being with someone who distances off from you when they are 'busy'. You deserve someone who makes it a point to text or call you atleast once a day, no matter how busy they are.

furryDoggo2508 July 31st, 2020

@CinnamonRoll10

Practice self-love. Tell yourself that you are enough. Loneliness is one of the worst feelings ever, especially after a break-up. I can say that because I myself have recently been through the same experience.

Try connecting with listeners in 7cups. You can also share your feelings in the support room.

Adopt a dog or a cat (or any pet). A furry friend by your side will always make you feel better and less lonely.