Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I finally see him for who/what his is but why does it still bother me?

Melloncollie1985 April 4th, 2016

My ex decided after 2wks no contact to txt me. He needed somethings that i still had. He came over and wanted to talk. He told me that we have to have some form of communication. He went on to say hes tried to move on but its not working. (Hes currently in a relationship with someone he cheated on me with) He went on to say he still thinks of me when he wakes up to the moment he falls asleep. He thinks about us getting married and having a family. Etc... its all things to try to pull me back in and i know that. He came over yday and i could actually look at him and feel nothing for the 1st time in 6yrs. Im just not understanding why im still thinking about all he said when i know its all lies? He will never change. In the few moments he was around me he was hiding his phone and we arent even together. Im just still confused.

Digitalbeat88 April 5th, 2016

@Melloncollie1985

Stay strong. Only you can decide if you want to put yourself back in a toxic situation. He cheated. That trust will be so hard to build again. I'm telling you this because my gf of 9 years left me for another guy she cheated with. This happened 2 weeks ago. We have 2 children together so we must stay in contact. But I can tell you this, I don't think I will be able to trust her again NO contact!

funnylookingcat April 5th, 2016

@Melloncollie1985 You're right he will never change. Someone who will cheat on you and then be with that person while still trying to sweet-talk you only wants what's best for him, and he wants it all but it doesn't work like that. For your sake you should realize what would be a healthy amount of communication to have with him and put limits on communication that you're comfortable with. You're well on your way to distancing yourself, keep going strong.