Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do I deal with post betrayal trust issue?

Sashapikachuu October 9th, 2022

Been seven months after ending a one sided toxic relationship with a guy showed narcissistic traits. I now found myself have trust issues on people I met.. I doubt their intentions . I always tried to analyze them. Would I over analyze thus miss the one that worths my trust?

professionalVision2624 October 9th, 2022

@Sashapikachuu

Hello there! Being in a onesided and toxic relationship can take a great toll on our wellebing and often lingering trust issues can be the result of unresolved trauma and feelings that we have not yet found the tools to deal with in a healthy way.

Talking to someone about trust issues can really help! There are many wonderful and compassionate listeners that are ready to support and listen to you. You can browse the listener page here: https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/

reservedMango5210 October 10th, 2022

@Sashapikachuu

this is completely understandable. Trust is a hard thing to rebuild inside you. But we are all capable of opening our hearts again to trust, it is scary but it’s part of taking a chance for love. You don’t by any means need to trust everyone and it’s ok to have your boundaries up, but if you meet someone that is truly someone you want to take that risk for you will know and you don’t have to be afraid to communicate your trust issues up front with someone you potentially want to be with. I’m sorry about your past relationship and I hope whatever is to come for you, you find happiness 💕