Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Heartbroken

June0921 April 30th, 2016

I know that halfway across the world, people are struggling with harder things and I can't help but feel that this is petty. But it hurts. He left. He's not here anymore. Its devastating. I waited for 4 years, and I told myself that I never really expected anything but honestly I did. I thought, I hoped that we would end up together.I waited for that chance. I fought for that chance. But that chance never really came. I always told myself it was worth it. But now, All I've got is pain and regret and fear.I know I should let him go. I'm no one in his life. But I don't know how to let go of him. Because my heart just won't let it end like this. I don't know what to do. Please help

10ship April 30th, 2016

@June0921 Sorry you're having a tough time June. Hang in there; there are better days ahead.

June0921 OP April 30th, 2016

@10ship Thank you. It means a lot :)

SmallChild13 April 30th, 2016

@June0921

You have every right to be upset. If we weren't supposed to feel pain or sorrow because other people have it worse, we also wouldn't feel any sort of joy because people have it better. Take your time, and don't beat yourself up for feeling an ache in your heart because you are a human with human emotions that you are allowed to feel and express. Loss hurts. I hope you find some peace.

@SmallChild13 Thank you for understanding. I guess I've gotten used to people telling me that I didn't deserve to feel sad because I had a beautiful life and some people have it worse. I just didn't expect it to hurt that much. But thank you again for saying that, Its refreshing to know that people care.

@SmallChild13 Thank you for understanding. I guess I've gotten used to people telling me that I didn't deserve to feel sad because I had a beautiful life and some people have it worse. I just didn't expect it to hurt that much. But thank you again for saying that, Its refreshing to know that people care.

April 30th, 2016

@June0921 I'm so sorry to hear you're heartbroken. Did you have a relationship with this person? Or were you hoping they would take a romantic interest in you at some point? Either way, I know how devastating it is to lose someone. Especially with the hope that things would change and they never did. You feel like you've invested/wasted so much time with one person, for what it seems like for no reason. You have ever right to feel the way you do, it's completely valid and understandable.

If you would like to speak to a listener about how you feel, please do not hesitate to contact me. heart

@KindListening Yes. That is exactly what I feel. Thank you. I actually might take you up on that offer, to talk :) Thank you for listening/reading.

CuriousBookworm5 April 30th, 2016

@June0921 Hello. Aw, I'm so very sorry you're feeling this way. It's grieving and it takes time. You've every right to take that time. Let yourself feel it, it does get better, I promise you. Right now, it's impossible to feel it ever will, and that's ok. Here any time if you need to talk. Take care, Janet x

roro121 April 30th, 2016

#Syria is not Charlie Hebdo, #Aleppo is not Paris or Brussels, the Children are not Christian or Jewish.. So that's why you r ignoring them?

JungRogers1950 April 30th, 2016

@June0921I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through such a tough heartbreak. It's okay to grieve this loss. It's a huge change in your life, and it's certainly not going to be easy to adjust quickly. It takes time, and that's okay. You're not alone in that. Change is a form of loss, and that loss needs to be grieved. I have hope for you, friend.