Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Broken up with - Regret

Watermelon365 August 13th, 2022

Broken up with this week - I called my bf crying I. Was unhappy with some things where his response was unresponsive when I would communicate. I said I wish I could break up with you but I love you too much do it for me and he did just like that. I regret it now but I feel I never meant anything - he won’t give me a call or meet up to say goodbye or anything, I spent the last four days begging. He said I don’t make him happy anymore, I’m manipulative and horrible and he doesn’t like me. I feel so rubbish about myself and wish it hadn’t happen, but also he cut me off so easily just like that.

CatzInTheCradle August 13th, 2022

@Watermelon365

So sorry for this awful situation you’re going through right now! Honestly, if he sees you with so much contempt; then being with each other would eventually just be a weight around both of your necks, dragging you down together every day. It sounds like a part of you knew it wasn’t healthy and that the break up needed to happen as much as you also are devastated by it, which is why you suggested it to him to begin with. And judging from how easily he was done with it all, he had probably made up his mind to do it soon enough anyhow, and you asking him to do it just gave him the perfect reason to go ahead with his decision.

He really didn’t need to do it so hatefully with those cruel words, but if that’s the person he wants to be then it’s all the more reason you both need to go your separate ways.

Take some time to absorb the situation. Pour your heart out to some supportive friends and family. Let out all your grief and heart ache. Cry a lot. All of it helps with the agony of loss. It’s only just happening so you’re still in the middle of that emotional storm.

I think he will not respond well if you keep reaching out to him - He will probably just be more aggressive towards you considering how things ended. So maybe for the time being, try not to contact him for your own sake. It will just be damaging for you and won’t be helpful in any way.

Wishing you strength and courage in this difficult time ~!

CatsInTheCradle

ElenaGeneris August 22nd, 2022

@Watermelon365

_1661153552.image.png

Leos7 August 23rd, 2022

Take it from me. My ex broke things off with me and ended things so quickly and easily. I felt the same way as you and have been confused on how she could just do it like that and cut me off completely after being together for so long. I pushed and pushed her for an in person conversation to get closure but she refused every time and I pushed her far enough to where she cut me out completely. The best advice I can give you is to not push, it makes you feel crazy and it drives away your loved one…

CatzInTheCradle August 23rd, 2022

@Leos7

Yes - Sometimes when we push the only thing that happens … is they get further away!