Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Breakup ( post 7 months)

staceystoro January 29th, 2023

Hey everyone. I was dating a girl for almost one year. We had a planned breakup because she was moving away to a different state for grad school. I wanted to do long distance but she didn’t want to. Our plan was to stay friends after the breakup and I was hoping she would still be in my life somehow because she wasn’t only my partner but my best friend. Anyways I told her that she needed to be the first one to reach out to me if she wanted me still in her life. It has been 7 months of silence. We have not spoken since the last day and I feel so incredibly hurt. I did not think the ending of our relationship would turn out this way. Some days I struggle with grief. Some days I feel fine, then angry and then still cry about it. I miss our wonderful memories and I wish she had messaged me. It confuses me because she told me at the end of the breakup that I was “ amazing, wonderful partner, unforgettable and loving”. If I was all of those things then why lose me in your life? We never even fought in our relationship either. Feeling lost and need some advice.

innateJoy9602 January 29th, 2023

@staceystoro

Given that you had a lovely relationship and ended on good terms, I can see why you would be feeling lost at not hearing from her. On one hand, grad school can be overwhelming and require a lot of time. So, I can understand if she is caught up on that. However, since you were not only partners but best friends, I can see how at least a check-up text would be nice. I’m sorry for that. It must all be very difficult and confusing on you. What are your thoughts on being the first to reach out? 💜

staceystoro OP January 31st, 2023

So I did reach out two days ago. I sent her a message and she responded but it seemed very cold and distant. I sent her another message ( pretty much trying to keep the convo going) and she ignored it. My heart aches. I don’t understand because we had a great relationship and the breakup wasn’t messy.

zadieluna January 31st, 2023

@staceystoro I am so sorry, that feeling of betrayl is one of the hardest ones to deal with. Have you said anything to her in the 7 months? I know you said that she would be the one to text first or reach out, but there could be a lot of things going on in her life right now. Maybe reach out to her, send her a letter in the mail, or a text, just anything to see if she really did mean it the way it seems she did.

if you ever need to talk ill be here <3 lots of love

staceystoro OP January 31st, 2023

Thanks for the kind message. I sent her a text two days ago and she responded but it was sort cold and distant. I sent her another text message and she ignored it. I’m confused and at a lost of words because I don’t understand why she is acting cold when our relationship was healthy and the breakup wasn’t messy. It hurts a lot. I feel very heart broken.

sallymae3459 January 31st, 2023

@staceystoro. she probably moved on

zadieluna February 1st, 2023

@staceystoro would you like to chat? im open to talk about anything

MarvelousSummer February 1st, 2023

@staceystoro

I feel so sorry to hear this. It was your mutual decision to stop. But you badly miss her. What do you think? Does she will be missing you?. You took the decision for your studies, still you confused i think. Because you still love her