Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New Prompt!

AnnaJ718 May 16th, 2022

Create a poem, short story, or plotline with this prompt!

"I don't know you anymore."

Can be happy, sad, motivating, anything! I would like to see your creativity!

(Also there hasn't been a new post recently, so I decided to make one! I'll be doing a couple more throughout the month, and if you want to be added to the taglist, say "I would like to be added to the taglist please!")

NebulaCreation May 16th, 2022

She stood amidst the remains of her city, tears threatening to surface. Stores robbed, buildings destroyed, people killed- and she knew exactly who did it. But she didn’t want to believe it. She couldn’t believe it. Not him…

She ran through the streets, avoiding potholes and the smoking remnants of skyscrapers that once stood tall, but found their new home beneath the smell of burning metal and death. She painfully ignored the citizens that were slowly coming out of hiding, stuck beneath blocks of concrete, bleeding out onto the cold black stone, lost children crying for a mother who would never return. Smoke rose above the destruction as she ran, her chest heaving with effort, her clothes stained black as she struck each foot into the ground.

Coming to a stop, she stared at the city square, the tiles shattered, a half-crumbled white fountain with trickling water standing in the center- and with it, a single figure, tattered cape flapping in the wind.

“David, stop this!” she cried, the wind tickling her dark brown hair as she stood defiantly in the square. “This isn’t you!”

“Is it?” his cold voice sent a shiver down her spine as he turned his head, his icy blue eyes matching the smokey glow in his hands, power rushing through his veins.

“No, it isn’t!” she said. “Why are you doing this? You were meant to protect this city, not destroy it!”

“And what did I get by doing that?!” he shouted, whipping around. “Nothing! The people here hated me-”

“They admired you!”

“They have a funny way of showing it! Locking me up is admiring me?! Treating me like an object instead of a person is admiring me?!”

She stayed silent.

“This is who I am, Amy,” he said, throwing his hand up and gesturing to the desolate area, his hand glowing more, swirls of icy blue twisting between his fingers. “Whether you like it or not.”

“No, it’s not,” she whispered, her voice cracking. “I loved you- the people of this city loved you. What happened to the old David- David the hero who would drop everything to come rescue someone? The real David, the one who’s kindness never failed him, even during a time of need. The David who had morals, and wouldn’t dare think to hurt anyone in this city- the David I married!” She thrust her hand up, showing the small diamond ring on her finger, tears rushing down her cheek.

David looked at the ring, his hands at fists by his side. “That David is gone. Destroyed, along with everything else.”

“Please…” Amy begged. “Don’t do this.”

“You can join me!” he said, offering his hand out. “Just like the old days. Amy and David, the most powerful beings on this planet- but this time, we fight for ourselves, not for others. What do you say?”

Amy stared at his hand, eyes wide with shock and disappointment. “No…” she whispered, stepping back. “I don't know you anymore."

He sighed, pulling back his hand. “Fine, you made your decision. I’m sorry, but you’re either with me…” He lifted his hand, blue embers turning into fire in his palm. “...or you’re against me.”

“I don’t want to fight you…” she said, fighting tears. “Please, David, come back to me.”

“I’m sorry, baby…” he said, lowering his voice, a cold sneer spreading across his lips as he raised his hand into the air, the sky thundering as flashes of lightning made contact with the ground. “But villains get to have more fun.”

AnnaJ718 OP May 16th, 2022

@NebulaSystem12

I love how this can be understood without context, and it's a very sad scene, I love it!

@AnnaJ718

haha, thank you! :D

She gazed into his eyes, pain and sorrow flashing on her face, tears threatening to surface.

"Please," Iris whispered. "Come back to me."

"No," mumbled Venus, glaring into Venus' deep blue eyes. "We've had this conversation before. I'm not going back."

"They're trying to help you!" Iris shouted. "Come back with me, you promised we'd be together, you promised it would be me and you, until the end of time!"

"Then come with me! We can excape together," she held out a hand, desperation in their eyes. "You and me, like before. Please."

Iris gazed at the hand, then at Venus, horror etched on her face. She backed up a bit. "No... you're not Venus... you're not my Venus..."

Venus yanked their hand back, growling under her breath. "What do you mean?!"

A sob choked in Iris' throat, tears flowing out of their eyes. "I don't know you anymore..."

(made two because i like writing lol enjoy)
JollyRacher November 28th, 2023

@AnnaJ718

I look into the child's eyes and see nothing but fear. He's shaking, pleading us to let him go. Eyes pouring with tears and he pull against his restraints. I look over at my partner and she looks completely unbothered. How did we get this far?

"Is it ready?" she asks.

I nod, making my way towards the kid. "Please, don't do this to me. Please, I'm scared." My heart aches in pain and I can't even look him in the eye. His has to be only six or seven years old. His dark messy hair resembling that of my own son, so innocent. I grip the syringe in my hand, holding the boy's arm. "I can't," I say, dropping the syringe. "This isn't right." 

My partner sighs, getting up from her desk. "Are you serious? Years of research and you're stumped by a child. Men are so soft these days, give it to me." 

"This has nothing to do with being soft, this is about having a heart beating in your chest." 

She chuckles, crossing her arms and glaring at me with her cold brown eyes. "Really, because you had no problem doing this last time." 

"Last time we tested it on an animal, this is a human being. This is someone's kid, his parents are probably worried sick." 

"Good thing I got him from an orphanage then." 

I stare at her in utter disbelief. Was this really the woman I've known for ten years. The woman that promised to better humanity and revolutionize medicine. No, this is a monster. A cold-hearted monster. She pulled her long brown hair in a bun, picking the syringe off the ground. "Don't look at me like that, I didn't kill his parents." 

I snatched the needle of out her hand. "Stop this, you've gone too far. This isn't worth it anymore, Rachel. At this point, we would've killed more animals than we've saved. Your medicine doesn't work, and I think it's time to accept that." 

Her shoulders drop and she hangs her head low. "Maybe you're right, it's just I know it can work. If I had more time and better supplies."

She leans on the railing, covering her face. I walk over, giving her a hug and rubbing her back. "It's okay, it was a great attempt. Let's let this kid go and we can go brainstorm new ideas." 

I let her go and I see a smirk flash across her face. Rachel pulls out a pair of handcuff, cuffing me to the railing. "Rachel, what are you doing?" 

She laughs, "You are so gullible. I-I-I didn't mean to go this far. I'll stop now, please. I've come too far to stop now. In order to make changes, sacrifice is necessary." She turns her attention to the boy strapped down on the table. "You should be happy, you're contributing to the greatest experiment in our time. Your name will go down in history, are you ready?" 

The boy screams and shouts, trying to break free. Rachel holds him down, prepping the needle. I fight against my own restraint, trying to pull my wrist out of the handcuff. "For the love of God, Rachel. Stop it, leave him alone. He's not going to make it."

"I know, he's not supposed to," she smiles. "I'm seeing just how long it takes for him to die. I realized a while ago my discovery wouldn't work as a cure, but a poison. Apparently, there's no poison like mine which makes it incredibly difficult to treat with a higher chance of death. Some guy paid a lot of money for me to mass produce this stuff and now he wants the exact time where it kicks in." 

Chills run down my spine and only one question leaves my mouth. "How long?" 

"Let's see, around 5 or 6 years now." 

My heart drops to my stomach. No. No. No. No, this can't be. 5 years ago, that's when we started the animal testing. I always thought about the greater good. So, when Rachel suggested testing on animals I went along with it. After all, they were just animals right. It wasn't like we were harming them on purpose and if it worked it would save millions of lives. All those animals were poisoned, I gave those animals poison. My hands shake as I remember tens of hundreds of animals we tested on. Even people, patients sometimes came offering themselves in the name of contributing to science. Each patient died not long after, and so we moved to animals. "Why? Why would you do this?"

"Money, obviously," she shrugs. "Oh come on, don't act innocent. You knew what you were getting into." 

"No, I didn't! I didn't know about this, and honestly I don't know you anymore." 

Rachels gets down next to me, staring me dead in the eye. "Oh Stewart, you never truly knew me. Do you have any idea how much these people pay for this stuff. Think about your family, you'd never have to worry about cash ever again." 

I scoff, "Are you trying to bribe me? You have a kid wrapped up to a table who you want kill for a couple of bucks. Yeah, I have a family and that is exactly why I am telling you to stop. You really think any amount of money can justify what you're doing? Are you really that heartless? Use it on me, okay. Let the kid go, and I will sit there and I will take the poison." 

"Nope," she says, booping my nose. Rachel jabs the needle, jabbing into the boys arm tuning out his screams and cries. She takes out her phone and sets the timer. I yank my arm in attempt to set myself free, but it isn't working. By the the thirty second mark the boys body starts jerking. His face twisting in pain, eyes starting to roll back into his head. I pull harder seeing his body shake violently, and something snaps in my shoulder. Pain shoots through my whole body but I refuse to stop. When I look up the boy isn't moving. His body is limp and his eyes are shut. His chest isn't moving and Rachel switches off the timer at 40 seconds.

"The boy," I say. "I didn't even know his name. He died with no one by his side, all alone."

She walks over to him, checking his pulse and nodding with satisfaction. The world around me seems to be moving in slow motion. I just witnessed the murder of a child, no. I took part in the murder of a child. My heartbeat is thundering in my ears and my breaths are quick and short. I felt something sharp pierce my neck, something like a needle. Before I can even look to see Rachel whispers in my ear. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to bring your family over so you won't be all alone."

Those are the last words I hear before I draw my last breath.   

(Sorry for the lengthy post, I really got invested in this.)

AsterLight2024 May 7th

you and I, tears etch

trails on my cheeks as you turn,

abandon the us.

I scream out with pain

wicked and unspeakable,

you and pain collide.

I made you hurt, but

you made it worse, you leave me

with naught a scar left

but rather heart torn.

I don't know you anymore,

because once you loved.

where love has fled you,

hatred clouds a storm instead,

formidable wall

between what I see

and what I used to know as

a brother in blood.

AsterLight2024 May 7th

she and him, tears etch

trails on her cheeks as he turns,

abandons their us.

she cries with a pain

wicked and unspeakable,

he and pain collide.

she left him hurt but

he left her worse, he leaves her

with naught a scar left

but rather heart torn.

"I don't know you anymore,

because once you loved."

where love has fled him,

hatred clouds a storm instead,

formidable wall

between what she sees

and what she used to know as

a brother in blood.

MxdnightFaerie July 12th

@AnnaJ718

Heres my rendition of the prompt! Honestly, it needs context to understand but I love to see what other interpretations people come up with :D

🎀🍓✨

Gold, a dull brown,

Void of any shine.

Faced with the true,

a memory of the prime.

Rot of scarlet gold,

your vision bloomed.

Petals weaved in red,

a still flow.

So don your gold once more,

be my blade again.

Sister, oh sister,

I don't know you anymore.

Are you still dreaming?

You can wake up now.

The flowers still stain with your memory,

the petals bloomed in your stead.

You will always be gold to me,

a warrior weaved in red.

A bloom of your own,

a waterfall of red.

So lay in your garden,

and dream some more.

Oh sister,

be my blade once more.

MxdnightFaerie July 12th

@MxdnightFaerie

oh i would like to add that the "faced with the true" Is intentional! It may seem like a grammatical error but it isnt😭