Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Book Recommendations

MoonJojo October 16th, 2023

I am in dire need of book recommendations. I don't mind the genre (except Sci-fi but if its really reallyyyy good then give me rec) I just want to be entertained like a book that keeps me wanting to know more. 

Tobias5 October 16th, 2023

@MoonJojo
Sum : Forty Tales from the Afterlives is a very creative book that I highly recommend. It's a collection of 40 different stories about different afterlives each with a creative twist on what one might expect after death. My favorite story from it follows an afterlife where those still remembered by the living must remain in a waiting room until they are forgotten.  

MoonJojo OP October 16th, 2023

@Tobias5 

Thank you definitely going to read it!

MoonJojo OP December 18th, 2023

@Tobias5 

I just downloaded the pdf version of this book, and I will start it sometime this week maybe. I will update you because I think I might really enjoy it!

CompassionateSoul108 October 16th, 2023

@MoonJojo

Bhagavad Gita As It Is

Novelist40 October 16th, 2023

@MoonJojo

This might not be your style, but a good book i like to read is "The War That Saved My Life" by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, its of a girl named Ada who lives in England 1939-1940, she runs away from her abusive mother with her brother Jamie, they end up in Kent with other children being sent away from the city to avoid bomb strikes from the Germans. They end up in the care of a women named Susan Smith, I like this book because its about discovery and family, i hope you might too 

jj228 October 28th, 2023

Lisa Gardner has some great series. They're all suspenseful, mostly based on crimes and solving them.

MoonJojo OP January 13th

@jj228 I've heard a lot about her, and I have some books on my tbr. Thank you for the recommendation! 

LucyGray1799 October 29th, 2023

@MoonJojo

I would really recomend Twin Crowns 1 and 2

MoonJojo OP January 13th

@LucyGray1799 

That book has been on my TBR for a few months, and like you're the 3rd person to recommend me that book. I will check definitely check it out! Thank you! :)

yourmidastouchonthechevydoor November 2nd, 2023

@MoonJojo 

I have a couple, so prepare yourself.

firstly, the one I’m reading rn, which has me hooked, The Ivies by Alexa Donne.

Five Survive by Holly Jackson

Dead Girls Can’t Tell Secrets by Chelsea Ichaso (this one is very good to get you and keep you hooked. I read it in less than a day, I couldn’t put it down.)

that’s not what happened by Kody Keplinger 

The Lakehouse by Kate Morton

and finally, my favorite book ever, which is a little slow, but it’s worth it.

The Heatwave by Kate Riordan.

@yourmidastouchonthechevydoor I've herd about the Ivies and was debating whether to read it and I decided I will read it cause you're like the 4rth person to recommend it to me! Thank you for the list!!!!

yourmidastouchonthechevydoor December 18th, 2023

@MoonJojo yay! It has a great plot twist too!

SquidwardBobRoss November 2nd, 2023

@MoonJojo

The mortal Instruments Series. It's fantasy fiction involving super naturals. It is very long and has multiple sub series. Also it does not go in chronological order by time line, some series are set way back in time and some in the future. So if you want to read it in a chronological order it is:

1791-1962: The Bane Chronicles Book 1

1791: The Bane Chronicles: the runaway Queen

1857: The Bane Chronicles: Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale

1878: Clockwork Angel

1878: Clockwork Prince

1878: Clockwork Princess

1888: Tales from the shadowhunter academy: The Whitechapel Fiend

1899: Tales from the shadowhunter academy: Nothing but shadows

1901: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: Cast Long Shadows

1901: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: Every Exquisite thing 

1903: The Bane Chronicles: The Midnight Heir

1903: Chain of Gold

1903: Chain of iron

1903: Chain of Thorns

1929: The Bane Chronicles: The rise of the hotel Dumort

1936: Ghosts of the Shadow market: Learn about loss

1940: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: A deeper Love

1953: The Bane Chronicles: Saving Raphael Santiago 

1977: The Bane Chronicles: The fall of the hotel Dumort

1984: Tales from the shadowhunter academy: the evil we love

1989: The Bane Chronicles: The last stand of the New York Institute

1989: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: The Wicked Ones

2000: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: Son of the Dawn

2007: City of Bones

2007: The Bane Chronicles: The course of True Love (and first dates)

2007: The Bane Chronicles: What to buy a shadowhunter who has everything (And who your not officially dating anyway)

2007: City Of Ashes

2007: City Of Glass

2007: The red Scrolls of Magic

2007: City of fallen angels

2007: City of Lost Souls

2007: The Bane Chronicles: The Voicemail of Magnus Bane

2007: City of Heavenly Fire

2008: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: Welcome to shadowhunter Academy

2008: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: The lost Herondale

2008: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: The Whitechapel Fiend

2008: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: Nothing but Shadows

2009: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: The evil we love

2009: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: Pale kings and princess's 

2009: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: Bitter of Tongue

2009: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: The fiery trial

2010: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: Born to endless night

2010: Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy: Angel Twice Descending

2010: The lost book of the White

2012: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: The land I lost

2012: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: Through Blood, Through fire. 

2012: Lady Midnight

2012: Lord of Shadows

2012: Queen of Air and Darkness

2013: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: The Lost World.

2013: Ghosts of the Shadow Market: Forever Fallen

(God that was a lot of effort!!)

Ok so that is the entire series thus far in Chronological order. Some you may seen twice that's because in the book there is two different timelines in one book. Also book's do not have the same characters and are from different POV's. Usually each book has 2 to 3 different POV's. I would recommend reading it in Chronological order as it is least confusing pertaining to the series overall. HOWEVER in order to understand the way the world works and the series in Chronological order may not be the best. BUt if you want a run down on the way the world works so you can read it in Chronological order and not be confused. hit me up. 

@SquidwardBobRoss OMGGG I WATCHED A SHOW BASED ON THAT BOOK SERIES (SHADOWHUNTERS)! I LOVEED EVERY SECOND OF IT I WILL CHECK IT OUTT! Thank youu because I didn't know there was whole book series about it.

SquidwardBobRoss January 8th

@MoonJojo

YES! I love the TV series Shadowhunters. Malec was amazing. And the books was the reason I watched the show.

CompassionateArrow December 19th, 2023

@MoonJojo

Oo so there is this book I've been recommending to everyone I meet ever since I finished reading it and you have no idea how excited I am to share this with you!!!🤩

It's called "Mindbend" by Robin Cook.

If you like Medical Fiction and Horror, this is for U. 

MoonJojo OP December 21st, 2023

@CompassionateArrow Ok, I looked the book up and omg the plot seems veryyy interesting, adding to my tbr list! Thank you!!

CompassionateArrow December 21st, 2023

@MoonJojo

Omggg I'm glad you liked itð¤©ð¤©ð¥³ð¥³ð¥³

unassumingEyes January 3rd

@MoonJojo   The Scarlet Pimpernal

MoonJojo OP January 13th

@unassumingEyes I looked up a summary of the book you recommended, and I think I will like it. Thank you very much for the recommendation! :)

lamimoon January 9th

Hello, I wish you joyful reading!

Here is one book that hooked me 'till the end, but maybe not your style.

The Setting Sun by Osamu Dazai - It is Japanese author so if you don't like the depths they go in with their works, then don't read it. It is a postwar Japan story featuring an aristocratic family snd their story through the daughter of that family Kazuko. She goes through many feelings to realise what and who is she now. One quote from the book: "My heart filled with emotion, but I was in such anguish that the tears would not come. I wondered if the feeling I experienced then was what people mean by the well-worn phrase dignity of human life."

MoonJojo OP January 11th

@lamimoon 

Hello! Thank you I wish you the same! 

I've been wanting to read some of Dazai's book so thank you for the recommendation :)

InitiateVoidProtocol January 13th

@MoonJojo

go figure XD I was actually going to suggest No Longer Human by him. That one's pretty bleak though so be careful.

The Town House by Norah Lofts is one I really liked.

The Miracles of the Namiya General Store by Keigo Higashino was also nice. He actually has quite a few good books.

MoonJojo OP January 13th

@InitiateVoidProtocol  

I've heard a lot about No longer human by Dazai. Would you say reading his books is easy to follow through or hard? Also, what was the first book you read by him?

InitiateVoidProtocol January 13th

@MoonJojo
Um, I would say easy enough; no longer human was actually the first one I came across, was
disturbingly relatable (especially at that point in my life)

MoonJojo OP January 19th

@InitiateVoidProtocol 

Ok, thank you! I will get started with the setting sun by him and update you! :)

KitArendel17 January 13th

@MoonJojo I love romance so here's a few!

A Touch of Darkness series by Scarlett St. Clair(✨spice✨)

Crave series by Tracy Wolff

The Salacious Player's Club series by Sara Cate(✨spice✨)

MoonJojo OP January 13th

@KitArendel17 

I also love books in the romance genre, so I will definitely check them out. Thank you :)

ImpudentIncognito January 14th

I've been reading this webnovel called RE: Trailer Trash.

Here's the synopsis on the website:

"In the year 2045, an MRI mishap transmits Tabitha Moore's mind back into her body in the past. Now it's 1998, she's thirteen years old, and she has to confront her long, miserable lifetime of failures—and once again being trailer trash—all over again.

...Or, does she?

Volume 1 is now available for ebook, audiobook, and hardcover!

/// A re-do story, everyone's guilty pleasure. Updates every month."

It's a little different compared to most do-over stories. She's not after money or fame, she's pretty much trying to redo her life for the better, since she grew up with trauma, pain, no friends, etc. and tries to make her life better. She's also keeping her time travel thing a secret that starts to become harder and harder for her to keep and she becomes overwhelmed with this secret -- knowing things that are