Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hi

EleanorHaha February 10th, 2023

Hi, I read as a way to relax and calm down as someone with PTSD. Is there any book recommendations because I have no idea what to read? 😃

purplelady568 February 11th, 2023

@EleanorHaha This is a very good question.

Here is an article with some suggestions- https://tolstoytherapy.com/books-for-trauma-and-ptsd/

You may also want to try the book, The Body Keeps the Score.

EleanorHaha OP February 11th, 2023

@purplelady568 Thank you so so much :)

@EleanorHaha You are so welcome!

ThadSterling February 20th, 2023

@purplelady568

Yes! I need to finish that one! This book helped me greatly.

@EleanorHaha I am also tagging @jefferythebunny319 because he reads a lot, and might have more ideas.
AvyIsKing February 11th, 2023

First off nice to meet you Eleanor, and good to see you lady <3

Now for ptsd I have just a few off the top of my head, I know there are more but I've read so much my brain just can't name them all.

Okay so I couldn't find ones where ptsd was super main front, I mean I know there is one but the title is just at the tip of my tongue. However I reccomend

The perks of being a wallflower (TW its sa related ptsd)

The I hunt killers series, if you like horror (again Sa ptsd)

The gone series touches on ptsd a bit (not sa related)

We were liars is very much about pstd (not sa related)

And Girl in peices (Sa pstd, and also sh, and drugs, and just a very triggering book)

I really hoped I helped

EleanorHaha OP February 11th, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319 Thank you so much :)

ThadSterling February 20th, 2023

@EleanorHaha

I highly recommend two fantastic and practical books by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche:

The Joy of Living: Unlocking the Secret and Science of Happiness
In Love with the World: A Monk's Journey Through the Bardos of Living and Dying

They helped me learn to better my mindfulness practices in ways that made them down to earth and easy to do, making urge surfing, meditating, and even yoga fun and freeing!

QuantamPromise March 1st, 2023

the case of the dog in the night time

The way It's is written is extremely unique

purplelady568 March 1st, 2023

@QuantamPromise I tried to read it and did not love the way it was written. But I wanted to applaud the author for using a different style than others.

AvyIsKing March 1st, 2023

@QuantamPromise

Gasp I love that book. It's in my top 50

indigoField1058 March 1st, 2023

The book thief is my favorite

reservedLemon3164 March 3rd, 2023

Hii! I don't know if you'd like this one, depends on how much you're interesed in a bit deeper topics (but not triggering in any way as far as i know, just philosophical) or christianity (not only and also you can read the book without being religious), but there's a book that i find very extraordinary and that has helped me through a lot - Mister god, this is Anna (at least i hope that's the name in english). 🧡🌻

WickedlyBewitching March 3rd, 2023

What kinds of books do you like to read? Myself I love fantasy genre, my favourite authors include R.A. Salvatore, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Mercedes Lackey, Steven Erikson, Tolkien... An exciting series that is superbly written is the Legend of Drizz't by Salvatore. Also Dragonlance Chronicles, and the Obsidian Trilogy.