Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Snakes & Ladders

windflowers August 27th, 2018

Hello, everyone!

I'm sorry to have kept you in the dark for so long. This is the event your leaders told you about, the one about fact-finding that... well, for lack of a better description, had no description except that you're joining X team and you'll be finding facts. Again, my apologies, and thank you for agreeing to join even though you had no idea what you were signing yourselves up for!

If you're confused, there's a summary at the end. This is mostly just a long-winded explanation, sorry.

Essentially, yes, this is an event about fact-finding. It's based around that; you're each representing a team that has 8 members, and there are 6 teams in total. Every few days, I'll be posting in this thread with the subcommunity that's going to be 'hosting' - what this means is you'll be finding facts about that subcommunity. These facts will include things like 'there are almost 8 billion people in the world currently', except it'll be more geared towards mental health.

This event will start tomorrow, August the 28th, at 9am ET. At as close to 9am as I can get, I'll post the name of the first subcommunity that is going to be 'hosting' as well as instructions of what to do. Please note that I'll only tag leaders each time I've updated this thread (leaders, you can opt out of this by letting me know).

One last thing! Your leaders have each chosen a colour for your team. Every time you complete an activity, please use that colour, otherwise it won't count. The colours and teams are listed below!

TL;DR The event about fact-finding will start tomorrow, 28/8, at 9am ET. Your teams are posted below. Please check that they're correct - bold is adult, normal text is teen; italics is member, non-italics is listener; underlined is adult-teen listener. Pay attention to the colours - they're what you must use whenever you complete an activity as part of this event!

This is called Snakes & Ladders becuase, well, the first letters of each of your subcoms spell 'ladder'. Leaders, please note that if you're not listed as one of your teammates, you can't post and have it count as part of your team's points!

- LGBTQ+ (hex code: #9966ff; leader: @PhoenixAsh)
@PhoenixAsh @BrooklynM @peacefulHug92 @RaCat @NeonBlueButterfly @AshFlash2002 @enbyemu @AMusicalSilence

- Appreciation & Gratitude (hex code: #5499C7; leader: @fluffyUnicorns84)
@peppermintlove @AnyaS @PositiveSkyler @RumpleSteeleSkin @blogger123 @black1995 @BattyBallerina @amicableFan5430

- Depression (forum colour: top row, fourth from right; leader: @Zammn)
@Rose @Zammn @GrahZeymahzin @MarayaMUNROE @InoRii @blossombreathe @stuckintime92 @chaosmos

- Eating Disorders (forum colour: top row, second from right; leader: @emsworld)
@emsworld @RaspberryCheesecake @InspiringLee @Samar27 @cyanPlatypus6370 @imsorryitry @iNoah @PawsitiveVibes

- Relationships (forum colour: third row from top, first from left; leader: @River)
@ASilentObserver @CalmingStar @SaimaK @Helping2findAway @Creepygirl21 @helpfulship8154 @Luchelle @Wonderfloofie

[ edited by @windflowers, 29/8, to reflect changes in forum colours; 31/8, to reflect changes in team members ]

windflowers OP September 10th, 2018

@emsworld @AffyAvo

Thanks for stepping in, Emma <3 Yup - I'm sorry for the confusion again! I did say that you were going to be out for a round, but after discussion with your team leader and seeing the feedback from members of your team disability support is no longer part of this event <3 I'm sorry for all the confusion caused! I'll tag the original disability support team here again so they're aware of the changes. My apologies for the inconvenience! @Emily619 @Harieo @Noah100 @CaringBrit @AffyAvo @sincerepark33 @monateru21 @Emily1256

AffyAvo September 10th, 2018

@windflowers Thanks! It's hard figuring stuff out with the lack of ability to message the teens directly.

PhoenixAsh September 10th, 2018

Tagging the LGBTQ+/MOGII Team! @BrooklynM @peacefulHug92 @RaCat @NeonBlueButterfly @AshFlash2002 @enbyemu @AMusicalSilence

Zammn September 10th, 2018

Tagging Depression team! cheeky

@Inorii, @blossombreathe, @stuckintime92, @chaosmos, @Rose, @Zammn, @GrahZeymahazin and @MarayaMUNROE

Blaise23 September 11th, 2018

@Zammn

Depression is not something that you run away from. Like ,when you distract yourself from reality and try to be in that mental world i.e daydreaming about a better life or like watching tv or something like that you are runing away from the sctual thing .Social media can be really triggeering at these times,personally seeing other people havibg fun while I not even able smile kinda made me feel worse.To top it,my country doesnt understand depression properly,anyone who visits a councilor or psychologist is considered mad or crazy.There goes society,spreading news like wild fire.So,my parents cant even help even if they want to

During depression I think there are 2 stages,personally I am right now in the second stage.The first stage is Emotional overload or overflow.Which is where you become emotional for small things and like react too soon.

Second is Emotional numbness,where you dont feel anything and float around.So people it time we recognise this and do our best to fight depression.

@windflowers.I have tried add something useful I guess.It has both personla experience and the facts that I learnt from it.

windflowers OP September 11th, 2018

@MarayaMUNROE

I'll keep that in mind when I'm totalling up the points, but you don't actually have to explain XD Thanks for clarifying, though! Also, for sake of organisation, could you please put your post in this thread like the post asks? Thank you <3

@windflowers

I will do it now onwards and I will add this too.

windflowers OP September 14th, 2018

@MarayaMUNROE

Thank you!

cyanPlatypus6370 September 17th, 2018

@windflowers - I cannot message you - me adult member (and adult listener, my other name >.> ), you teen listener :(

Is there a Round 4? Am I missing getting tagged somehow? ?? Yay, go teams! <3 Platy

cc: @emsworld or is the entire Chutes and Ladders game over by now? (technically Monday morning here, Sept 17)

emsworld September 17th, 2018

@cyanPlatypus6370 I believe the next round hasn't been posted yet (remember eating disorders still hasn't had our turn to 'host' wink) I'll tag you/message you as soon as we find out anything!heart

windflowers OP September 17th, 2018

@cyanPlatypus6370

I'm a teen member, actually XD But you're right that you can't message me! As Emma said, yup, there are 2 more rounds including eating disorders. Thanks for checking <3

windflowers OP September 17th, 2018

Round 4: Eating Disorder Support (cc leader: @emsworld)

As part of Round 4, post a fact in this thread (If you could send a message, to spread awareness of Eating Disorders and the challenges individuals face, what would it be?) or this thread (15 facts about eating disorders). If you post first, your team gets an additional five points (total of 6 points per post) for 5 posts! Statistics get double the points (2), and if you choose to share your own story to help others, you get 5 points per story (please tag me in this so I know!). Also, for every 10 posts you make, you get not 10 but 15 points!

All of you can join in, even the Eating Disorder team! Points are unlimited, so feel free to give as many facts as you can. As a reminder, A&G: hex colour #5499c7, LGBTQ+: hex colour #9966ff, depression: forum colour top row, fourth from right; eating disorders: forum colour top row, second from right; relationships: forum colour third row from top, first from left. Please use your colours when posting otherwise your points won't be counted!

This will run from now, 9am ET Monday 17 September, until 9am Wednesday 19 September. Feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck! <3

Leaders: @fluffyUnicorns84 @PhoenixAsh @Zammn @River

windflowers OP September 26th, 2018

Round 5: LGBTQ+/MOGII Support (cc leader: @PhoenixAsh)

As part of Round 5, post a fact in this thread (A Collection of Facts and Pride Flags). If you post a picture of a pride flag and its name, you get 10 points, and you get 2 points for statistics!

All of you can join in, even the LGBTQ+ team! Points are unlimited, so feel free to give as many facts as you can. As a reminder, A&G: hex colour #5499c7, LGBTQ+: hex colour #9966ff, depression: forum colour top row, fourth from right; eating disorders: forum colour top row, second from right; relationships: forum colour third row from top, first from left. Please use your colours when posting otherwise your points won't be counted!

This will run from now, 7am ET Wednesday 26 September, until 7am Friday 28 September. Feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck! <3

Leaders: @fluffyUnicorns84 @Zammn @River @Raspberrycheesecake

PhoenixAsh September 26th, 2018

Tagging LGBTQ+/MOGII Team! @BrooklynM @peacefulHug92 @RaCat @NeonBlueButterfly @AshFlash2002 @enbyemu @AMusicalSilence

enbyemu September 26th, 2018

Hey, @PhoenixAsh !

I actually ended up needing to step down from my role on the team for now. Life is just too hectic for me to put in the time I need to. I talked to @RaCat about it already, but I guess the word hasn't gotten out yet.

windflowers OP October 16th, 2018

Hi, everyone! My apologies for the delay, but the event is over and I've got the final scores! LGBTQ+: 80, Appreciation & Gratitude: 1, Depression: 2, Eating Disorders: 50, Relationship and Friendship Support: 69. This means that LGBTQ+ is top in scoring followed by Relationship and Friendship Support then Eating Disorders - congratulations, everyone!

I've tried to get some prizes for all of you and many thanks to Kate for her help in making this possible! All members of the LGBTQ+ team will be receiving 500 cheers each, while everyone will be awarded the fall events 2018 badge. In addition, leaders of the top three communities may message me with ideas for a new header banner for their community which I can try and make!

Thank you so much to all of you for participating - it means a lot to me. I hope you had fun, and thank you for your support! Have a great rest of week!

- LGBTQ+ (hex code: #9966ff; leader: @PhoenixAsh)
@PhoenixAsh @BrooklynM @peacefulHug92 @RaCat @NeonBlueButterfly @AshFlash2002 @enbyemu @AMusicalSilence

- Appreciation & Gratitude (hex code: #5499C7; leader: @fluffyUnicorns84)
@peppermintlove @AnyaS @PositiveSkyler @RumpleSteeleSkin @blogger123 @black1995 @BattyBallerina @amicableFan5430

- Depression (forum colour: top row, fourth from right; leader: @Zammn)
@Rose @Zammn @GrahZeymahzin @MarayaMUNROE @InoRii @blossombreathe @stuckintime92 @chaosmos

- Eating Disorders (forum colour: top row, second from right; leader: @emsworld)
@emsworld @RaspberryCheesecake @InspiringLee @Samar27 @cyanPlatypus6370 @imsorryitry @iNoah @PawsitiveVibes

- Relationships (forum colour: third row from top, first from left; leader: @River)
@ASilentObserver @CalmingStar @SaimaK @Helping2findAway @Creepygirl21 @helpfulship8154 @Luchelle @Wonderfloofie

Helping2findaway October 17th, 2018

@windflowers yay to the relationship support team ...we did it.. 😋

Helping2findaway October 17th, 2018

@windflowers congrats to all the winners !

RaCat October 17th, 2018

@windflowers congratulations for all the winners and participants! well done!!!

PhoenixAsh November 15th, 2018

@windflowers Ooh yay! Go team! :o