Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Refreshing Talk with Checkie Crang!

April 10th, 2022

ecnA9WfIpSGtcj775HsprHh7-DgNZeaGWsSp7OyAnJkGXpkTlDcaF74FJsckSbPWWGYTwAuampWAkQVxumloScB6c8-Wa2E3j-ZbvBM76cUhgUQTAoFcTNWBovKU6cGJhHCp2J67

Interviewee: @crang17

Interviewer: @fristo

Crang has been a listener check-in host [listener check-in hosts are fondly referred to as checkies] and a wonderful community member at 7cups. Let’s hear from them!

If you were to write a few lines to describe your personality, what would you write?

Crang: Hmm, this is interesting because I usually have a quite mellow, caring, thoughtful, and compassionate attitude with a tinge of seriousness, and have love for lots of laughter and humour.

What’s your favourite time of day: morning, afternoon, evening or late night, and why?

Crang: I like mid-morning and afternoon because those are the times when my energy level is high and I can be very productive. But, I also love nighttime because it means SLEEEP!! <3

What activity helps you relieve stress?

Crang: Watching videos of animals (oftentimes those funny videos), movies, spending time with my special someone, and pampering myself. I have this routine that I call “RESET MODE” which is a list of things that I do to help relieve stress from cleaning my space, taking a longer shower, wearing facial mask, drinking tea, and just detaching my mind from work (I am workaholic so the struggle is real).

What’s the most valuable thing you learned at 7cups?

Crang: I came here in 2017 during one of my worst moments in life. Since then, I have learned the importance of #Selflove. It is okay to put ourselves on top of our list and it is not SELFISH to take care of ourselves. Instead, it is a necessity. As a person who kept on putting herself at the bottom of her priority list, this took me a lot of time to correct and embrace, but I would say the most important lesson I have learned ever.

What were the challenges that you faced in your listener check-in hosting journey, and how did you overcome those challenges?

Crang: Worries that people won’t appreciate the way I am hosting. I think I was able to overcome it just by listening more to the people and getting feedback. When doing check-in hosting, there were times that I felt like I am boring people but there were also moments when I was on top of the world and can really feel the enjoyment of everyone. I guess some things happen just because of timing that we cannot control, so no harm in just giving our best and hoping for the better, right?

What message do you have for cuppers who look to become a good 7cups chatroom host?

Crang: Go! Hop in! We welcome you with warm hugs and a basket of food (your choice of food and drinks) plus boxes of pizza.

Lastly, what would you say is the most important project or pursuit of your life?

Crang: Currently, I am really hoping and pushing myself to finally finish my Masters in Clinical Psychology. But, in the past, the most important pursuit in life that I managed to accomplish was to get to know myself better and learn how to manage my anxiety, insecurities, and limiting beliefs in a much healthier way.

Living with Leaders Interviews Taglist: @rrretsuko @Smilingfuture @blindHeart12 @HealingTalk @blissfulForest7074 @FallenStarss @Moonlemon48 @Izzy274 @Zahraa000 @imaginativePear6493 @BeautifulSun298501 @ShapeshiftSystem @EmmaE @GoldenRuleJG @Helgafy @AveryLove @Adeline12345 @WhiteRoses25 @KrystalRose01 @ouiCherie @Brightfuture82 @MilaAvery @lovelyWaterfall2170 @DLynn88911221 @adventurousBranch3786 @Prachi9876 @VaryingCloud @DonaldDraper @Erato @avasoftandsimple @Zarram77 @TheAutumnWitch @HealingBrokenWIngs

This interview is part of the Living with Leaders Interview Series. Learn about the series here

Learn about all the activities under Living with Leaders

Click here to subscribe to all posts under Living with Leaders

ouiCherie April 10th, 2022

@Fristo @Crang beautiful interview!

I particularly like this part:

some things happen just because of timing that we cannot control, so no harm in just giving our best and hoping for the better

Solid point Crang! 💜

crang17 April 22nd, 2022

@ouiCherie 💜

Prachi9876 April 10th, 2022

@Fristo
Always a treat to read these interviews.
@Crang, I am gonna try your RESET mode 👀

crang17 April 22nd, 2022

@Prachi9876 💚

MilaAvery April 10th, 2022

@Fristo, thanks yet again for sharing another amazing interview!

@crang17, I just loved the genuinity in your words. And hi5! I LOVE LOVE sleeping 😂. Also, I wish you all the very best in completing your Masters in Clinical Psychology! You will do an excellent job💜. I'll be going to college this year for the same course and I am super excited!

crang17 April 22nd, 2022

@MilaAvery thank you so much for the best wishes! Ooooh so you will also study psychology?! I am soooo glad to hear about it. I hope you all the best as well... 💜

MilaAvery April 22nd, 2022

@crang17

thanks a lot <3

Smilingfuture April 10th, 2022
@Fristo - thanks for bringing out this interview with a new set of questions

@Crang - Great journey of yours in 7 cups. I picked up some valuable points from your perspective. All the best in pursuit of a Masters degree.
crang17 April 22nd, 2022

@Smilingfuture thank you! 💚

ThoughtfulBlossom April 11th, 2022

@Fristo @Crang

This was a very interesting interview, and the different ideas were really eye-opening. Thanks for posting this! 😊

crang17 April 22nd, 2022

@ThoughtfulBlossom 💙🌷

soulsings April 13th, 2022

@Fristo and @crang17 thanks for the uplifting interview!

cherrieroseang April 18th, 2022

@Fristo thank you so much for this, Fristo! I really appreciate your efforts. 💚