Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How Do You Read an Enneagram Chart?

innateJoy9602 October 19th, 2022

“In a nutshell, the Enneagram personality system works by pointing out your core fear and motivation as the source of how you function as a person. These behavioral patterns affect your emotions and how you move through life. To grasp the nuances of the Enneagram, which are a bit more complex than your primary type alone, your Enneagram chart can help serve as a guide.

The Enneagram system has nine Enneagram types — but you have one primary type. Each Enneagram type has its own fixation, passion, and disintegration and integration patterns of stress.

For a quick description, these types are:

Type One: The Perfectionist

Type Two: The Giver

Type Three: The Achiever

Type Four: The Individualist

Type Five: The Investigator

Type Six: The Skeptic

Type Seven: The Enthusiast

Type Eight: The Challenger

Type Nine: The Peacemaker

Each type has a fear and motivation that drives them forward. After you’ve located your type on the chart, you can start getting into the other aspects surrounding your type.

HOW DO YOU READ AN ENNEAGRAM CHART STEP-BY-STEP?

When you take, the Enneagram personality test your results will include a color-coded chart, which displays your highest, medium, and lowest ranking results for each of the nine types.

This visual, plus the breakdown of your percentage rankings on each of the nine Enneagram types will show you your personality type. The number with the highest percentage is your Enneagram type.”

Read the full article on Truity

_1666190837.image.png

Takeaway: Your Enneagram chart may appear puzzling at first, but once you learn how to read it, you'll understand the various aspects. The Enneagram is a comprehensive, growth-based personality system that you can learn more about after you've mastered the fundamentals. Remember to embrace your Enneatype as you continue to learn—you have unique strengths! (If you take the test, the results will show your type and chart for free, no need to pay for the full report!)

Reflection: What is your enneagram type?

#Personality #Self #Enneagram #Wellbeing #Self-Development

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 19th, 2022

@innateJoy9602

Love these tests lol, the full report seems to be a paid option, so no haha. But it seems mine is Type Two: The Giver, which I am absolutely not surprised with hehe. ❤

How about you, Joy? 💛 And thankyou for bringing such awesome articles, and resources for us.

innateJoy9602 OP October 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Yes, it is! I hope no one pays it though! It gives the chart and type for free though! Which I feel is really all you need! (Also, thanks for reminding me! I put a little note so people know!) :)

I am not surprised that is your result either! You are a giver! A little more insight into your type: "Twos are defined by their desire to belong and to be loved by others. They are helpful, nurturing and caring towards others. They are eager to involve themselves in others' lives. Twos rarely say no when others ask them for help, and want to prove value to others by always being there for them.

Deepest Fear: Twos fear being alone and unloved, and cope with this fear by taking care of others and making themselves central to other people's lives.

Core Motivation: Enneagram Twos want to feel loved and appreciated, which motivates them to express love toward others in their words and actions."

Mine is Type four: The individualist! Thanks for reading and sharing sun!💛💫

@innateJoy9602

Yes hehe, and you're very welcome.

Aw shush lol, that's so sweet, Joy, I appreciate ya loads. 💛

Woo, an Individualist sounds amazing, I hope to be more of this too. XD share tips haha!

Oooh thankyou for more insight. 😮💛

innateJoy9602 OP October 19th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

To be honest, I did mine in a rush lol. I should probably re-take soon haha!

I appreciate you more!💛💫

affectionateOcean6327 November 2nd, 2023

@innateJoy9602 Yay, I love personality tests and the Enneagram! Haha

I'm pretty sure I'm a 6w5 and my tritype is 649.

Type four is one of my favorites ^_^ The creativity, imagination and search for depth/what is missing are all such cool traits!

We met once in a Sharing Circle I think btw :)

innateJoy9602 OP November 3rd, 2023

@affectionateOcean6327

Hi there ocean! Yes, we met in the Exploration Garden! 

Lovely to come across you in the forum lands~ (:

Type four is very cool! The Individualist! 

It's wonderful how each type brings its own set of qualities and strengths 💜