Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Name a movie that is as good as therapy? What your liked most about it and how it helped you personally?

positiveWind451 April 2nd, 2023

For example, The Perks of Being a Wallflower really helped me. I really liked how even in an unknown strange place there are people who are willing to accept you and help you. I love Heroes song from that movie. It gives me hope.

innateJoy9602 April 2nd, 2023

@positiveWind451

That is a great movie. It’ makes you feel so embraced and accepted. I think Lady Bird is very comforting to watch. It feels light-hearted and freeing! 💜

affableTown5581 September 15th, 2023

@positiveWind451 love and monsters, taught me positive masculinity

iwillrunawaysomedaysomewherefar October 26th, 2023

Every animated movie by hayao Miyazaki or the Ghibli studios and little women is all I can think of right now.

honestAvocado9091 December 4th, 2023

It depends on the situation, Eat, Pray Love works for me

RamonaFlowers27 December 10th, 2023

For me it would probably be Dear Evan Hansen. I’ve watched the movie and read the book probably a total of 8 times. This movie just pulls on my heartstrings so much because I kind of feel like both Connor and Evan at the same time. Both Connor and Evan don’t really feel like they fit in, but I’m more like Evan in the area of committing suicide. Sure, I have suicidal thoughts, but I don’t act on them. Anyway, Dear Evan Hansen is a great movie and I would recommend.

exuberantTalker9747 December 15th, 2023

For me it's Karwaan, it's a Bollywood movie. It really

makes me feel so good. It's music is so peaceful.

positiveWind451 OP January 14th

@exuberantTalker9747 Irffan Khan at his best! RIP!

exuberantTalker9747 January 15th

Yeah he did great in this movie.

sympatheticHuman9093 January 16th

Just wright

jacklovesupreme January 29th

This is literally the first post I’ve read. I just downloaded the app because I’ve been dealing with some heavy emotional stuff in my marriage. I just wanted to say that that movie meant a lot to me as well when I was younger and seeing your post, for whatever reason I cannot explain, gave me some hope that I might find some help on this app. So thank you

walkalot January 30th

@jacklovesupreme

Hi Jack , sorry that youre experiencing difficulty in marriage. It's always tough! But it's usually worth it to press on and keep working on it. Hope it gets better and hope you can find someone to support you through the process.

Vagi February 17th

The pursuit of happiness and another movie which I liked.. it's not for therapy.. but about person whom you admire.. you might connect to it if you have ideal or someone.. movie is 'the secret life of Walter mitty'

Enola Holmes and Enola Holmes 2 <3

They're so sweet and gentle (minus the crime scene stuff lol). It feels so wholesome <3

@positiveWind451 to me "c'mon c'mon" film is just a therapy session. The movie is so nice and very deep and gentle, full of life, hope and love. 

@positiveWind451 the Ben Carson story gifted hands. It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. Quite touching and moving. Made me realize how worthy I am and capabilities I have. I just got to believe that I am and I will