Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Just a little somethin:)

Rubylistens22 March 25th, 2023

Biracial people are extremely underrepresented in media I feel, so let’s share out stories here!

What are some ways that being a biracial individual have shaped you and your view of life? And anything you’d like to share about your experiences:)

I would say that me personally having a mom who immigrated from Japan and an African American father have shaped me and my views a lot in so many different ways. I also think it has made me that much better at embracing people’s differences, noticing them and celebrating their beauty💙

Mya000 March 29th, 2023

@Rubylistens22 Thank you for sharing your experience as a biracial individual. It's unfortunate that representation in media for biracial people is still lacking, but I appreciate your willingness to share your story and help bring attention to this issue. Your ability to appreciate and celebrate the beauty in others' differences is truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing!❤️

Rubylistens22 OP March 29th, 2023

@Mya000

thank you so much for your kind words:)💙

Mya000 March 29th, 2023

@Rubylistens22 You're welcome! :)

May 3rd, 2023

@Rubylistens22 soil is one and the same, and on the soil we've diversity of flowers and plants, the soil unites us and the diversity makes the world colorful.

Rubylistens22 OP May 3rd, 2023

@Fristo

hehe yesss I love that:)

Anonkelvin007 May 22nd, 2023

@Rubylistens22 Don't let yourself feel different, you should be proud of yourself, because you have been exposed to completely different cultures and ideas, which allows you to see the world around you from a wider perspective, have a different perception of things, try to understand the culture and history of your parents' country and accept them, believe that this will bring different experiences to your life.

thoughtfulWatermelon8834 May 24th, 2023

@Rubylistens22 am identity crisis between being "normal", therefore unacceptable in some comunities, but not "abnormal" enough for others, I guess

Rubylistens22 OP October 16th, 2023

@thoughtfulWatermelon8834

I completely understand that and deal with that too. It can be so isolating sometimes but please know I’m proud of you and we’re all here for you whenever you need!💜

yellowPond8197 October 22nd, 2023

@Rubylistens22 Hiii!! Isa here <3 Being biracial is hard sometimes bc of rude people lol. But it has shaped my view of life by embracing my cultures! No matter what others say. It used to bother me when people would insult my food but now I just don’t really care! Also it has opened my eyes to see how people are different towards people who look different. However it has gave me a wonder outlook on life!! <33

yellowPond8197 October 22nd, 2023

Oh shoot i didn’t realize it underlined it all Oopsie 😭