QuietMagic March 30th, 2022
Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 30th, 2022

@QuietMagic

*Subscribes and saves* thanks a ton! ❀️

supportivebutterfly1 June 28th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

How do I do this?

theriverissinging July 14th, 2022

@supportivebutterfly1 do what? Subscribe?

Bottom of the main post.

_1657777470.IMG_20220714_111353.jpg

Then find the threads you subscribed here.

Hope this helps, if it's something else let us know ❀️

FaithfulPrune9638 July 14th, 2022

@QuietMagic

I subscribed to this thread. Thank you!

theriverissinging July 14th, 2022

@FaithfulPrune9638 you can check out the discussions linked to explore! πŸ™‚

SirenOfSerenity July 14th, 2022

@QuietMagic

Thank you so much for this!

CalmWaves3939 July 14th, 2022

I love DBT! I used to do it and it helped a lot ❀️

RoshanaShabanii July 14th, 2022

@QuietMagic

thank you so much for sharing this!! I usually am looking for a study-friendly resource about this subject to refer people to, I just found this and it seems very helpful and newbie friendly!!!

[edited by theriverissinging, Listener Boundaries]

magicalOcean594 July 15th, 2022

@nick324

i think this is a great resource, as you told me you try dbt as a coping skill! good luck!

GoldenNest2727 July 15th, 2022

What a great list. Thank you for sharing!

StarlitSky4762 July 15th, 2022

@QuietMagic wow this is awesome!!

@QuietMagic it's funny how much useless information there is on such a painful thing. How poorly it's been researched. People with it basically are told ' I unno sorry for the insane psychological torture you're experiencing nothing I can do, no cure, you'll be on medication forever, btw it's super stigmatized and you'll probably never enjoy a healthy relationship and fight for your most basic needs the rest of your life'. I know I'm not the only one experiencing this either. Like, I get humanity is wonderful blah blah...yet don't you think stuff like this is super ridiculous and upsetting? Or am I missing something? Do I need to just travel more or eat less bread? I want to know.

Positron2 April 5th

I found DBT to be very effective. It is more like taking a college course than regular group therapy.
You are supposed to learn coping skills (tools) to put in your toolbox. The goal is to be able to reach into your toolbox blindfolded and pick out the right tool for any situation.

Β Once I told my therapist a problem I had.
She said "That was a good use of your DBT tools"
I said "I used DBT? I was just trying to not freak out."

That said, I had to take the DBT class 3 times before it became second nature.

purpleTree4652 April 5th

@QuietMagic

Hi, Magic,

I'm interested in all of it, but I don't think I have the time/energy.Β  I'm in finals, work, and looking for an apartment, plus, waiting to hear about the start date for a new job, plus have PTSD.Β  I think I can't do this DBT.

LabeledBPD April 12th

DBT workbook constructed in an unbelievably easy way to navigate and utilise free of charge. Thank you quiet magic.

QuietMagic OP August 4th

I haven't been active at all in the forums for a couple years, but I'm inching back and noticing that the very first post in this series ("Introduction to DBT") appears to have been deleted for some reason. So now every post in the series contains a broken link. Of the top of my head, this deleted post explained what DBT and also explained what this entire post series is.

For a general intro on what DBT is, I recommend skimming this article:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/dbt-for-daily-life/202406/how-marsha-linehan-created-dbt-and-how-it-can-help

The posts in this series are intended to present ideas/skills from DBT based on freely available (but hopefully reputable/reliable) resources on the Internet.

DBT was developed by someone who fell through the cracks of other therapies, felt invalidated and unsupported, and went out of her way to create something that would help people like herself.

In this spirit, if something doesn't work for you or doesn't make sense, I'm happy if you question it, discard it if needed, and trust your lived experience.

[EDIT: the introduction post has been restored.]

cloudySummer August 4th

I think they did some restructuring, it could just have been moved to an unexpected location.

Maybe worth checking at some point.

Lou73 August 6th

@QuietMagic

There has been some forum restructuring, I really hope that it's just been moved and not deleted. This post and all the DBT resources you have put together are so important and highly valued Magic πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™