Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Faking?

rabbitandthehare 2 days ago

I keep trying to vent on TalkLife even though my vents usually get removed because of the content and such. I don't know why, but people keep assuming that I'm lying about what I experience. I'm not lying. I am simply just trying to vent, find a friend, and figure my mind out as it develops.

Whenevrr I get accused of faking I kinda doubt myself since I'm not diagnosed with CD (conduct disorder) yet, so I don't Really know and can't defend myself since nothing's official.

I guess violent/morbid thoughts, chronic boredom, and sadism are totally unbelievable. I don't think it's common either, at all.

I'm trying really hard not to be distant with friends, cause I can't be sentimental with them when they're being sentimental towards me, and I don't know how to think of them as friends or to not feel like our relationship is the exact same as the relationship I have with my dog. Why would they want me to be their friend if that's the case?

Currently, I'm cold, tired and hungry.

QuietMagic 10 hours ago

@rabbitandthehare

Yeah, it feels kind of destabilizing to have genuine experiences, be honest about them, and be told that you're lying. It might be uncommon, but that doesn't make it a lie.

Do you feel like your friends are okay with you not being as sentimental as they are?