Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

BPD and DID

DarknessSystem September 13th, 2023

Why must this happen? It's like we are a rollercoaster of emotions! yay!
We have been trying to get a therapist but everyone we go to tells us either "You're a lost cause" or "Go find someone else, I am not supposed to talk about that". Our last therapist was 6 years ago and it has gotten worse since. Borderline *** sucks and we want to rid of it but cannot. We were misdiagnosed at two *** years old with ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) and CD (Conduct Disorder). Our parents did not wait for the symptoms to worsen as we got older, they just thought it would be fun to lie to the doctor and just diagnose us incorrectly.

Throughout my life, DID has been a blessing to me as the host. Never have I complained about the alters bothering me (even though they do and I just ignore them :']). I love the ability to talk to people and feel I am no longer alone. But sometimes...it gets out of control and I cannot deal with it. Are there any coping mechanisms that other systems use to help with the stress of the alters :'[

Remember, you are the best you and do not let others change that! <3 /p

https://tonetags.carrd.co/#masterlist (Tone tags masterlist :3)
***Please use tone tags when talking to me!***

DarknessSystem OP September 13th, 2023

**We were never officially diagnosed as we found out two years ago when we started getting the severe symptoms**

MeaningfulSilence September 14th, 2023

@DarknessSystem

Hello there DarknessSystem, I've been told to avoid abbreviations in posts to allow everyone to understand, is the link you shared something necessary to text you? I am waiting for instructions about your request and in the meantime, if you accept it, I can answer you this way.

I've heard that coping mechanisms become something very personal, hopefully you will soon learn what works better for you.

I've heard some people may benefit when it's possible for them to give space to alters vs engaging an inner battle to cut them off. They find it helpful to practice the idea of me-time moments that becomes the alter-me-time moment.

What ideas do you have about what could help you? Maybe it's useful to also see it within yourself because the feedback you could have may be different depends on the alter. In this case to consider more than one coping mechanism and also different ones, could help the whole.

Take care!

DarknessSystem OP September 14th, 2023

@MeaningfulSilence

Yes, they are needed to speak to me...as I have uncontrollable emotional breakdowns if the tone was something I never suspected...I am sorry...but I lost one of my friends today and may not be in a good mood...thank you for reaching out..

MeaningfulSilence September 14th, 2023

@DarknessSystem

I'm so sorry to hear. Condolences for your loss.

Please feel free to reach out to open up on your emotions when you want, I am here Darkness, you are not alone. πŸ’™

mytwistedsoul September 14th, 2023

@DarknessSystem Hey πŸ™‚ /lh I think it understand the tone tags but it might take me alittle to get used to using them. It can be really hard to get the tone through text communication. And depending on how something is written it's pretty easy to take things the wrong way sometimes. I try to use emojis at times to help show that I'm joking or just being friendly

/g Do you have any communication with any of your others? There can be a number of different ways that happens and it can take time and lots and lots of patience
srs/ DID is difficult. I'd be lying if I said it's not. Figuring out triggers and who is affected by what is hard. Getting communication is hard. It's important that everyone feels safe and heard. As @MeaningfulSilence said it can help to allow them space. Some might like to have time out where they can do things that interest them. And often you do need to have a few different coping methods for each. Littles can learn easy grounding methods to help calm them and comfort items are a plus. Stuffies or maybe a favorite blanket. Time to play or coloring. Music or maybe videos
/srs I'm sorry you lost a friend today. Anniversaries like that are never easy 😞