Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling to get support

joyfulhorse December 17th, 2016

I have some hard choices to make on getting better and maybe you guys can help me as to what you think.
Iv been working with my OT who has really been hard on me, she has given me some goals to do in oder to come back to their work program which I was happy at.
Some of these goals are so difficult.
Iv been searching for dbt help where I stay and it has been impossible. Then last week I found a guy and his wife who runs a dbt program. I went to see them and have been told I can join it . it starts in February! They also willing to cut down the price for me too. I was so happy because this has taken a very long time to find. When I sat down with my OT I told her the news and she was happy for me. The bad news is that I need to have counselor or psychologist stand by me while I'm on this program. Its for 6 weeks. I asked my OT if she could and she turn me down and gave me more impossible goals .
I have till February to find someone, who will do it for free. And I feel pressure.
I feel stuck because all I want is to be help and all I want is to be back on the work program but its as if My OT doesn't want me there. Like she doesn't care. I mean she shows she cares but when I need her the most she closes her eyes.

I have part time work but The money doesn't cover everything. I need to pay rent and I need to get around , like with transport. All this is pressure. I live far from easy transport and cheap.

I even started a gofund page to raise money as I'm going need a lot of help but I have had nothing.

My question is , should I look in to living near easy transport and how would I find something cheap ? I use to stay in the shelter but that was horrible and I promise myaelf I would never go back.
Should I cut contact with my OT instill I reach my goals and then speak to her ?

I feel very pressure And every time I sit down with her with good news its never good enough. How do I get The support I need by February? How do I change my life ?

Emily619 December 17th, 2016

Hey there! It seems you have a very conflicting issue going on, and I'm so, so, so proud of you for sticking in and not giving up. You are beyond strong for having to cope with this, so, so strong heart Although I can't make decisions for you, have you talked this out with someone close to you? I believe that'd be a very helpful support system! smiley

joyfulhorse OP December 19th, 2016

@Emily619 thanks for the feed back ! Not all of it but I have shared and they just encouraged me to keep pushing though. :)