Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My diagnosis

rachaelhempkin97 February 20th, 2021

Hi guys my name is Rachael I'm 23 and I'm from northern Ireland I thought this would be my first step with my medication and reaching out to different people' in similar situations about mental health and my story. I grew up with a very traumatic child hood dad was never around he hit my mum we ended up in foster care because my mum turned into an alcoholic growing up I always had issues with self esteem and body image and feelings of sadness didn't know why. I always found it hard to make friends my weight was constantly criticized when I was 13 I developed anorexia and self harm and never really was a reason why until I reached the age of 17 and got a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. I got diagnosed sertraline and propanol for my moods and for helping me with my anxiety and sleep, as I find it very hard to sleep. I've gone through very troubled relationships I was physically abused by my last boyfriend who cheated on me and had a baby with another girl... Then I met the guy I'm with now he's honestly a king but the problem is I get angry and upset because of my emotions and I don't want to lose him because of the stuff I've gone through in the past , I came on here to see if anyone else can relate to me and have gone through something similar I've a real rocky relationship with my brother's and mum because I get so paranoid and upset and think everyone is out to get me when they aren't then we end up fighting because my two brothers are special needs they don't understand what I'm going through , life is hard but if you reach out it' always helps. Much love to everyone 💗

solomonotasowie February 20th, 2021

Hi

rachaelhempkin97 OP February 20th, 2021

Hey there ☺️

vrljo February 20th, 2021

Unhappy childhood, depression, no self esteem, fat, and unhappy all my life. I didn't talk about my feelings at all. Tried medication once after a bad suicidal month. Tried therapy after a horrible fight with a boyfriend. Eventually, got enough courage to see a doctor. Got medicated. Got enough courage to try some counseling. My life has felt like an absolute nightmare. I hide it well but meeting an amazing guy is what really encouraged me to seek help. I didn't want to lose him and i would get upset and angry which I now realize where times I was triggered. And the relationship felt in jeopardy. I have no relationship with my mom even though there's not an actual reason for that. She just was never interested in being my friend. And i mever tried to be ber friend. So we don't talk. We live in the same time. She talks to my siblings but not me. I hope hearing all this helps. I married the guy and he bought a house for us to fix up. I still deal with depression and get triggered sometimes but reaching out does help.

rachaelhempkin97 OP February 20th, 2021

I'm so sorry about that. I know how you feel it's like being on a rollercoaster , some days you don't know how you feel other days u feel things to deeply. My head is wrecked most of the time but I have a bad relationship with my family but im trying to make amends with them healing one day at a time, trying to be positive ❤️just no if you need to talk to someone message me anytime as we can relate Alot x