Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Living but Depressed and Unmotivated

SolsticeSerenade March 7th, 2022

has anyone else felt like they didn't want to be alive but they stay alive because the people they love want them here? i had a falling out with a friend yesterday (due to my perception of things) which sent me spiraling. i don't see a purpose in being alive anymore. I'm separated from my husband and i miss him but when we live together we fight too much. he has a heart problem so it gets even worse for him. i moved to this area 6 years ago but i haven't been able to make close connections with anyone because i have been too depressed due to the tumultuous marriage. lately the depression is getting worse to the point that absolutely nothing is really interesting to me anymore. I'm just continuing to do things because that's what alive people do. i don't want to be here but I'm trying to stay here anyway and i don't know why.

SolsticeSerenade OP March 7th, 2022

By the way, I'm 41.

sereneButton43 March 7th, 2022

@pioneeringTalker8216 If I am understanding right, it seems like you have been feeling quite hopeless about things because of various experiences where you felt very hurt. Feeling unmotivated to do anything can be awful, and I can't even imagine how you might be feeling. It also seems like you have given this a lot of thought and have some awareness of what goes wrong. I really wish things were better. Feel free to connect to a listener whenever you need to talk, feeling alone on top of this can't be good! Sending good wishes to you :)

SolsticeSerenade OP March 7th, 2022

i have been talking to a wonderful listener but i want to know if anyone else is feeling the same way about their life.