Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Disappointed in myself.

raininglillies13 June 3rd, 2021

I'm just so tired of going through this cycle over and over. I keep self sabotaging myself by taking payment from debit cards at work when I'm not supposed to (its not part of our policy) but to avoid confrontation I do it.. I've had some bad confrontations so being that I was nervous before I'm even more nervous now to deal with the confrontation. I know jobs are like that but I feel like an idiot when I do this because it could cost me the job. I feel like I can't really tell anyone because I am breaking the rules, it is my fault. It's frustrating because when I do make these "Mistakes" they become intrusive thoughts later and keep me up at night, keep me stressed and upset. I just feel like I could be doing a better job in general, at work and at home..

whimsicalWriting9073 June 3rd, 2021

@raininglillies13 it sounds like you are doing a great job but are don't feel you are worthy. I hated confrontation too. There are a lot of bullies out there, customers who just want their way. It's difficult to stand up to them. But sometimes, finding out the reason they are rude and telling them it's your company's policy might help? Say there is nothing you can do. A trick I learned with difficult customers, was to say, "Ok I'll go talk to my manager" and then leave, or put the person on hold and just wait 5 minutes. Come back, say my manager says, "no". You don't deal with confrontation and the customer thinks he spoke to a higher power and is satisfied

raininglillies13 OP June 3rd, 2021

@whimsicalWriting9073

Thank you !!! I will definitely take your advice on this.. bullies is right!! I mean, i'm sure i'm not a perfect customer either but some of the things customer service or just employees have to deal with it is so stressful. I might just walk in the back and pretend to call my manager.. thank you for your help!!!

whimsicalWriting9073 June 9th, 2021

@raininglillies13 :)!