Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Coping with depression and EUPD

Beckisoul February 9th, 2021

Hi,

My biggest problem I think is anxiety, some paranoia and lack of trust in people. It isn't something that's always there because my default is to trust people, but when something triggers me it quickly becomes a spiral and I tend to think the worst and internalise everything. I stopped self-harming physically, but I've found that I'm getting better at overdoses, which have caused a few hospitalisations this year. Now my job is on the line because of this, and I was wondering if anyone had any ways of coping with overwhelming sui feelings or feelings of sh?

I'm not new to psychotherapy, and I try and use all the tools on 7 cups. My care co-ordinator is trying to get me on a STEPPS program. Has anyone tried this? Do you think it would help?

Thank you so much in advance.

Beckisoul OP February 11th, 2021

@BooksHugsandTea6370 Thanks for the info! EUPD is just a nicer way of saying BPD, I'm from the UK and I think it's something that has been imported. I was wondering - did it help at all, was life more manageable?

BooksHugsandTea6370 February 15th, 2021

@Beckisoul - "A nicer way of saying?" I had hoped you would tell me what EUPD stands for. Maybe it is just different wording moreso used in the UK now? Other classes I've taken have been called Emotional Intensity class or Emotional Management .... I would say as a member, it doesn't really matter what you call it. It is you (not Beckisoul) saying I am different and something is 'wrong' with me because I am not like you. I much dislike labeling. You couldn't tell at all, could you? cheeky Have yourself a good week! ~ BooksHugs

Beckisoul OP February 16th, 2021

@BooksHugsandTea6370 it must be a very UK thing. It stands for emotionally unstable personality disorder. I don't really like that label either tbh, but it means the same thing.

rachaelhempkin97 February 20th, 2021

Hey there beautiful soul, I am in the same position I can't trust anyone because I've been hurt so much! I always find when I get these feelings to do something that distracts me such as walking or doing something I love like a hobby I'm into singing and art something you have a passion for doing , watching a movie reading a book! Reaching out to others about how you feel open up i find this really helps much love x

cyanPlatypus6370 February 21st, 2021

Hi dear, I asked "the one who has power to edit" (mocking bow) to erase just my first message, but that obviously did not work :( I'll come back after our discussion and write for you some more ... ok? So sorry. ~ Platy

@Beckisoul