Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

After you've isolated yourself

sashurss August 13th, 2015

and have nobody left to talk to, and live alone, and having nobody to speak to you or give you any attention leading to you wondering if you're even real...

am I alone in this?

KoiFish August 13th, 2015

@sashurss no you're not alone. You have us here on 7cups. After high school I moved and dumped everyone just completely stopped talking to them. I've lived alone. I'm really lucky to have a supportive bf and my network here.

NamidaMaeda August 16th, 2015

You're not alone at all. I Learned how to be ok with being alone, so it doesn't bother me as much but I admit. Being around people. Can be comforting at times.

blitheSun94 August 20th, 2015

Absolutely not. I can certainly relate to this having severed the last of my meaningful relationships in order to end the cycle of inappropriate life lines and mirrors these become. More specifically, to protect myself from the dangerous upheaval once they diminish. Learning to be okay alone is an important growing pain. Sometimes it can get lonely, but I also find myself more at ease without this turbulence. I'm perfectly happy at home with my blankets and books. Of course, 7 Cups helps also. Best wishes!

SeaSputnik April 7th, 2016

There's no end to my sense of akoneness and now I have had the third (!) therapist tell me that there's nothing wrong with me nor my attitude at all.

blitheSun94 April 8th, 2016

@SeaSputnik

How very rude and discouraging. :/

SeaSputnik April 9th, 2016

@blitheSun94 It was horrible. And coming on the heels of therapists who crossed professional boundaries, it's enough to give up.

blitheSun94 April 10th, 2016

@SeaSputnik

A friend of mine is currently struggling with differences with her therapist. She wanted to fire her and find another, but this has proved most difficult for her and now she is struggling to keep her prescriptions filled. It can be very difficult to find a good pdoc. Best wishes to you. heart