Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think my ex has this. Is there a way I can get her back?

intellectualSquare829 March 12th, 2021

I had an ex break up with me out of the blue recently after saying that she saw a future with me and ask that we no longer contact each other so that we both could move on. She mentioned that she flees when she gets close to anyone. She would deal with extreme anxiety/panic attacks when she got too close and never understood why I could want her because she felt so broken. She also wanted to be friends before going back on that, too. Is there anything I can do to get her back? I love her unconditionally and would never abandon her or leave her. I am going no-contact because I think she needs some space while she is getting help. Is there any chance she may come back?

raininglillies13 March 13th, 2021

@intellectualSquare829

Hi, sorry to hear about the break up! It does sound like she needs the space, and she maybe is thinking she isn't good enough to be loved by anyone. It sounds like you are open to helping her feel better and she might just be scared of that. Just hang in there and be there for her when or where you can, hopefully she will see you're not leaving and bring her walls down a bit.

intellectualSquare829 OP March 13th, 2021

Does this mean I go no contact? Or, should I check in within a few months? I don’t want her to think that I would abandon her, but I want to adhere to her wishes if no contact to give her space, since she seems overwhelmed.

raininglillies13 March 13th, 2021

@intellectualSquare829 I think checking in on her in a few months would be a great idea! that way you're respecting her boundaries and she'll see you're still there for her as well :) and anytime!!!!! I hope things work out well :)

intellectualSquare829 OP March 13th, 2021

Also, thank you for reaching out. I’ve been confused and sad about the whole thing, although I know it’s not her fault

FirstLight4762 March 19th, 2021

I'm so sorry about this being so emotionally stressful for you. There's always a possibility for people returning to your life but I personally can't make a judgement since I haven't learned about this person. I'd say it's appropriate to give a friendly check in if she still wants to remain friends